Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Caporegime
These are the military version supplied to UK troops - someone has sold their issued pair on to make some money, naughty, naughty. They are however, very good boots as I have been issued exactly the same.

Altberg sells them directly for £165?????? I would hope they would be the genuine Army ones at £165

Caporegime
Unfortunately they are the cheaply made versions.

The decent quality sets are made to sell via their factory shop not the ones issued to military.

Altberg sneekers or warriors are much better, but set you back around £140+ a pair.

If you like defenders though fair enough. I didn’t :) I preferred not to run in them either.

The sneakers or warriors are no better or worse. They are just for different scenarios.

I'm not new to Altbergs...My Alterg Hogg cost me £200.... great boot. These defenders are great. I've had field and fell Altbergs too.

http://www.altberg.co.uk/category/military-boots/

Soldato
Altberg sells them directly??????
Well they do on Amazon and its says they are from Altberg?????

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Altberg-Defender-Mk-II-Boots/dp/B003DK71Z6
Interesting - they used to state on the website that they were not available for direct sales. Whilst you still can't add them to cart on their website, it certainly looks like you can buy them direct through Amazon. They're also rather more expensive than what you pay for NOS on eBay, but I suppose you get better warranty cover.

Caporegime
Interesting - they used to state on the website that they were not available for direct sales. Whilst you still can't add them to cart on their website, it certainly looks like you can buy them direct through Amazon. They're also rather more expensive than what you pay for NOS on eBay, but I suppose you get better warranty cover.

You can once you have selected size. Like I said, at that price you would expect them to be the genuine military boot otherwise you could just buy the public version for £50

Soldato
You can once you have selected size. Like I said, at that price you would expect them to be the genuine military boot otherwise you could just buy the public version for £50
Public version? Defenders are Defenders. It's the same boot, just either milsurp hence the very low price, or resold as NOS, hence the higher ~£100 price.

Associate
Public version? Defenders are Defenders. It's the same boot, just either milsurp hence the very low price, or resold as NOS, hence the higher ~£100 price.

I nabbed pair a while ago for £38. Listed as "used" but couldn't find a mark on the uppers or soles.
It's a shame that the resoling is so expensive in comparison. Gone through several pairs over the years. Uppers are in good nick, soles worn down. Cheaper to buy a new pair than get them resoled by Alt-berg (which is all they need.)

Caporegime

Well correct me if I am wrong But I can go buy a new pair of defenders "public" version for £50. I can also buy army surplus used ones for between £50 and £90 or some places are selling the "military" defenders new for £150 to £200.

Are you basically saying they are all the same and everybody selling them for £150- £200 are just ripping people off?

Caporegime
Well correct me if I am wrong But I can go buy a new pair of defenders "public" version for £50. I can also buy army surplus used ones for between £50 and £90 or some places are selling the "military" defenders new for £150 to £200.

Are you basically saying they are all the same and everybody selling them for £150- £200 are just ripping people off?

Perhaps provide a link to said public versions and army versions.

Having said that, the army ones should not be being sold u less it's by an authorised distributer as they'd get a sizzle storm if they was caught selling ex-kit, even if it is unused and in its selofane

Soldato

Yes, please link to these 'Defenders Public' and 'Military Defenders'.

The Defenders, as declared on Altberg's website, are for military issue. They sell similar boots to the Defenders which you can buy as Joe Public, but they are different. Just because people on eBay are selling Defenders, does not mean they are 'public Defenders' - they are military surplus ones, or ones being resold by someone with access to them.

Please do link to these 'Defenders Public' and 'Military Defenders'.

Soldato
Recently and today..

New worktop, speakers, computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, mouse mat. Just need to do some cable management under the desk, get a new case and some LED's to brighten things up.

Taken using the new potato XZ Premium ;)
Xfb5JAQ.jpg

Soldato
Well I never knew there was public and military version of altberg defenders. I have got them but never wear them for any activities like running around fields :)

I wouldn’t be paying 100 for them that is for sure.

Back
Top Bottom