Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
I've got some (from work) and they are actually very impressive... not for everyone but the magnetic click of the case closing is uber satisfying!

They’re a beautifully engineered piece of kit, aren’t they?

It’s a shame that they don’t stay in my ear otherwise they’d be the perfect earphones for me.

Soldato
They’re a beautifully engineered piece of kit, aren’t they?

It’s a shame that they don’t stay in my ear otherwise they’d be the perfect earphones for me.
Can always get the silicone tips for them to stay in the ear.

I got them as they were available discounted when getting my new contract, actually very impressed. Mostly because of the overall convenience of them as well. Use them every day with iPhone and laptop, and get good battery life from them. Maybe not perfect sound quality, but very good for my day to day.

Soldato
Time to relive those childhood memories on another console, another generation

dvgc5i.jpg

Soldato
Finally sorting the wireless out at home, small switch for under the TV where the Hue is going. Going to try the Ikea lamps with the Hue to save a bit of cash.

zdmhBPjl.jpg

Soldato
I've had better luck with TP link than anyone else.

And no they dont, becides got no cabling support in this house for PoE hence the mesh route. Working excellently so far.

Soldato
No issues with TP link from me. I have two switches that have never been touched in at least 2 years and not had an issue.
yup, had a 24p tplink managed up to recently and that sat and ticked along no bother.

unlike netgear, dlink etc. sure id love a HPE/Aruba or Cisco set up but that aint happening.

Permabanned
yup, had a 24p tplink managed up to recently and that sat and ticked along no bother.

unlike netgear, dlink etc. sure id love a HPE/Aruba or Cisco set up but that aint happening.

I've seen plenty of them... they were the budget go-to switch at my last place of work. In home environment you won't come up against the throughput issues they have... but my main point for recommending against them is their very high failure rate.

I've had much better experiences with Netgear switching... although they're still only middle of the road.

HPE... especially their PoE switches & the lower end ones that are re-branded 3COM are really terrible of late... 3COM being the worst switching provider I've ever had the displeasure to use.

D-Link... haha... yeah... avoid like the plague :)

In the budget arena... I would go ZyXel or Netgear... the ZyXel 8+2 19xx PoE switch is an absolute bargain... 8 port L2 managed switch for £100 and I have yet to see one fail.

I'm lucky though... my home switching is Meraki (2x MS220-8P) & APs are Ruckus R500 & R600 at either side of the house and a virtual SmartZone... although I'm thinking about grabbing a pair of Meraki MR33 to complete the cloud managed ecosystem. The newer rage of Meraki APs are very very nearly as good as their Ruckus counterparts now and I'm actually able to buy them cheaper than Ruckus. The only downside being the on-going licensing cost... but I can get that at about £20/year per AP and £10/year per switch.

Permabanned
How are you getting the Meraki licencing that cheap? I've gotten some Meraki gear free from Cisco with 3yr licencing, I was going to dump them when that expired due to the licencing costs.

Nate

I / my company are Meraki partners.

My standard discount rate is 65%... for larger installs I can get 75% like I have for a 1200 AP, 800 switch deal and a 450 switch deal I’m in the middle of at the moment.

For that bigger one, Meraki have offered me the 5yr license for £62 each. They dropped the 5yr to the 3yr price as an added incentive (trying to win the deal over Ruckus and they are on a big push to get into hospitality, this customer being a large name in Mayfair hotels & willing to work with Meraki on a case study).

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
e9FVtcL.jpg

Momentum 2s to replace a pair of HD380 Pros that went 'missing'... :mad:

The cups are much smaller than I expected but they are very comfortable and the sound is impressive.

Back
Top Bottom