Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Have you looked at the likes of the FiiO BTR1 OR Astell & Kern xb10? Some places have the btr1 for as little as 40 quid, going to pick one up soon as I'm fed up of lumping a wired headphone amp around and my exynos s8 headphone output is rubbish
I'll be using them at work with my laptop 99% of the time, and as my audio jack is broken they'll be plugged into my AudioQuest DragonFly Black, which is an awesome little thing. Thanks for the tip tho :)

Haha, and the Momentum 1's are even smaller!
Even the 'over ear'? :eek:

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I wear gilets often, mostly as I'm in and out the office when at work and it gets tedious taking a full coat/acket, only to put it on and take it off 11 million times in a day. A gilet solves that problem. I wanted one that wasn't fully padded or lined at the back for a little bit of extra comfort and a little bit less "casual". Hacket had just the one I was looking for: Can recommend.

_26A7056.jpg

Also picked up some fragrances. Big fan of a vintage wooden/smoky smell, so did some research and came across four that ticked all the right boxes and were competitively priced (all under £20 each). Really good reviews for longevity and fragrance. Can't complain really.

Intimately Beckham (75ml), Iceberg Twice (125ml), Puig Quorum (100ml), Cerruti 1881 (100ml). For some reason the last two have not arrived yet, should have been in the same parcel :rolleyes:

The Iceberg bottle is rather cool. Either that or Quorum will likely end up being regular buys.

frags.jpg

Soldato
Puig Quorum? You’re brave. That’s a very strong 1980’s edt :p

Edit. In regards to wooden/smoky smell, I think the Fahrenheit Edt (not parfum) takes the crown for that. I would imagine you have that already though !

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Not currently but name rings a bell from various moons ago, perhaps I need to get that next time round.

Edit* Nope that's definitely not the one I was thinking of!

Creed was exactly what I liked and tried that once. Just can't justify the cost of it for regular use. Think a single squirt of Quorom or Iceberg lasting most of the day is a good balance at a fraction of the cost.
Iceberg has a hint of citrus in it too, so probably suited to warner weather I suppose.

Maybe both should be regular buys :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve always wanted to buy a bottle of creed, but the price has put me off a little. Especially if you don’t like it, or, you don’t like it after some time. Which can happen. I know you can buy decanted samples / bottles but even then it’s pretty steep.

Fahrenheit edt sounds like it’d be right up your street. (Very smoky) Even perhaps the edp, which has a slightly sweeter vanilla-ish top note, and lasts longer !

For the price, you can’t go wrong with what you’ve bought, because if you hate it there’s no qualms with selling it off or binning it. :D

(I’ve been on a fragrance buying spree lately !)

Soldato
The Fahrenheit price is what's bothering me, do they have samples? :p
They do indeed have samples ! :p it’s quite pricey... but, I think you’ll like it ! The edp is about £70 ish. But the edt is quite a bit cheaper.

Bought my dad the edt set yesterday for £35 from boots.

Soldato
£3.99 for a 2ml sample :o

This better be good!
Wow :eek:

You might be better off nipping into town and using a sample off a rep counter :p

Edit. Just for reference I have the edp and my dad has the edt. And they smell completely different. (Top notes, anyway) Edit again. based off what you’ve purchased I think you’d prefer edt.

Last edited:
Soldato
Where did you get the HotToys Black Widow from out not interest?
Hey I picked it up in forbiddenplanet in Belfast. Thought I had missed out on getting it at a decent price but there it was. Actually walked out of the shop and got half way up the street before turning back lol​

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Wow :eek:

You might be better off nipping into town and using a sample off a rep counter :p

Edit. Just for reference I have the edp and my dad has the edt. And they smell completely different. (Top notes, anyway) Edit again. based off what you’ve purchased I think you’d prefer edt.

Tend to get edt anyway so yeah sounds about right!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Nor do I anymore. But the females love it ;) :p for reference I drive an mx5 RF :p

I forgot about one that I regularly buy, can't believe it. Versace Blue Jeans EDT. It's really vintage but still modern and nothing else smells like it. £15 a bottle too so nicely priced. Not sure if you've tried that?

Quorom arrived ear;earlier and it's probably a bit too wooden lol. Or maybe just need

Soldato
Talking about woody smells I recently had an urge to try some Oud. Tried the Arabian versions which are either too musky or too feminine. The western brands like Tom Ford and Armani are better. Tom Ford is perhaps a bit too sweet. Armani is nicer. Tried a sample for a day and realised actually it's not for me!

I'll go back to using Mont Blanc for now.

V F

V F

Soldato
Hey I picked it up in forbiddenplanet in Belfast. Thought I had missed out on getting it at a decent price but there it was. Actually walked out of the shop and got half way up the street before turning back lol​

Got any Batman stuff from them? I was always fascinated with their Batman line. Too damn costly though. :/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom