Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Associate
Me and my wife have a joint account, we’re not rich so if I intended to spend £2300 on a 65” OLED for example, i would probably run it by her first lol.
Can’t imagine the kind of relationship where you both just do whatever the hell you want and don’t talk to each other about it?

Caporegime
Me and my wife have a joint account, we’re not rich so if I intended to spend £2300 on a 65” OLED for example, i would probably run it by her first lol.
Can’t imagine the kind of relationship where you both just do whatever the hell you want and don’t talk to each other about it?

This is what Bowey doesn't get :)

Caporegime
I think that's a bit abnormal for a relationship. I'm the breadwinner in our relationship, and i usually get what i want, my wife is good like that, but i still run it by her first.
I think most people say it tongue in cheek. I took it as a tongue in cheek comment at least.

I too am the breadwinner in the relationship. And likewise, if I want something I get it. But most purchases get talked about first. Its normal. Normally to ensure neither of us are forgetting anything else coming up which could use the money and to make sure priorities are aligned as well. Its pretty inconsiderate to make a big purchase (especially one of £2300 of TV) without talking to your partner first.

Caporegime
I think most people say it tongue in cheek. I took it as a tongue in cheek comment at least.

I too am the breadwinner in the relationship. And likewise, if I want something I get it. But most purchases get talked about first. Its normal. Normally to ensure neither of us are forgetting anything else coming up which could use the money and to make sure priorities are aligned as well. Its pretty inconsiderate to make a big purchase (especially one of £2300 of TV) without talking to your partner first.

It all depends on financial circumstances really.

Just people trying to come across all alpha, so wouldn't worry about it :p

Soldato
Wouldn't buy anything expensive without running it by my partner first, it's good to have a second opinion on something as all too often you can get caught up in your own mind as "this is the thing I really, really need", when in fact, it's probably something you could live well without.

Not sure how wealthy we'd need to be to not run a new TV passed her first, at any price really. Even if money were not object at all, we're a team so we work together in whatever we bring into our lives.

Soldato
Ughhhh....I'm contemplating buying the 55 inch C7, £1499 though....can afford it but............ehhuh
Use the curry's bupa reward scheme for 7% off and just do it. I'm loving mine :) ps4 hdr and 4k movies have been awesome on it.

Wait until March/April I am sure they'll drop to 1299 with the new models coming in
Not likely apparently. The dwindling supply of the last screens and the lack of major upgrade in the next screens means people reckon this is about as low as they'll go. Sure you might get lucky with an ex display in a few months or something but I wouldn't count on oled being cheaper any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom