Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
:eek: £1.6 k for a print.

I've bought art at that price but original pieces, is this person seriously collectable?

edit: I just googled her works, some very nice stuff I do approve it is very fetching.

Last edited:
Soldato
:eek: £1.6 k for a print.

I've bought art at that price but original pieces, is this person seriously collectable?

No idea. We loved it and it was much cheaper than the identical looking original that was in the studio by her (that was £9k). It was a joint anniversary present.

Edit: it is also MASSIVE :p

Caporegime
Paid the rental deposit and picked up the keys for this apartment just outside of Lisbon in Carcavelos today.

2 bedrooms, good size living room & kitchen. Double sinks in the bathroom too which is cool!

Not the most modern but very 'traditional' Portuguese. Needs a damn good clean too!

Bedroom 1 - Main bedroom
bdr1.JPG

Bedroom 2 - spare room
bdr2.JPG

Bathroom
br1.JPG

br2.JPG

Living room - owner is looking to fit a log burner in time for winter :cool:
lr.JPG

Kitchen
kt.JPG

Both bedrooms have built in storage, also there is a large additional storage room in the floor above. Finally there is a secure garage which is underground of the building with our own designated space/box.

Pretty chuffed! All our stuff arriving tomorrow. So it's a weekend of cleaning, unpacking and grafting ahead. Need to sort out the water, electricity and gas tomorrow hopefully.

Excuse the potato photos. Taking camera tomorrow for proper pics :)

Oh, last thing. Its a 15 min walk from Carcavelos beach and faces south so gets plenty of sun :D

Excited!!!

Caporegime
Congrats Phate. That's a cracking place. Rough price?

Also... AC?

Thanks! :)

It's €690 per month. For the area and the size it's a good price. Landlords are an elderly couple and her daughter manages it and she said we can do what we like with it etc :) so no worries there!

No A/C....would have been nice but not in this price bracket. Its near the coast though so a constant nice fresh breeze. I'll fit ceiling fans in the almost all the rooms anyway.

What it does have is built in central heating which will be handy in the winter!

EDIT: despite the heat outside (30+) it's pretty cool inside. I think the tiled floors throughout help quite a bit. Also the apartment energy certificate is B. So should be cheap to run!

Last edited:
Soldato
Another Seagate 5TB drive as the last one failed :( connected to a Pi running OpenMediaVault as it's easier to set up than playing with the settings in LEDE firmware on the router

IMG_197811.jpg

Soldato
EDIT: despite the heat outside (30+) it's pretty cool inside. I think the tiled floors throughout help quite a bit. Also the apartment energy certificate is B. So should be cheap to run!

They're built like that, my brothers place in Portugal is about 18-22c inside with no air con when it's 35-40 outside.

Soldato
This came this morning so going to set it up and hope I don't have to sign up.

Only got it for iPlayer and the tube as my TV and freesat DVR will no longer be able to get iPlayer.

412752406.jpg

Soldato
Not a spectacularly interesting purchase but another in a long line of Amazon packaging fails. Two 18650 batteries in a huge box.

snip

Volume of batteries = 18cc
Volume of box = 3795cc
Ratio = 1:211

I read something on that recently. Amazon place higher value on the time of their employees than on packaging, so if it takes longer than 2 minutes to find the right box then they just have to use the next best.

Back
Top Bottom