Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
20160830_174453.jpg

Soldato
I wear it to run so 100% total isolation is not a good idea, I might get run over! These are also more durable, as running i would be sweating, the LG with the cable might get snagged.

So I ended up buying one of these to try. They seem jacked up on the bass a bit to make up for the lack of isolation, actually! I tried modding them with standard earbuds (just plug them in the hole) and they became a bass heavy monster! :eek:

That being said, do you notice when changing songs/resuming playback, the right side starts playing before the left side amps up?

Last edited:
Caporegime
So I ended up buying one of these to try. They seem jacked up on the bass a bit to make up for the lack of isolation, actually! I tried modding them with standard earbuds (just plug them in the hole) and they became a bass heavy monster! :eek:

That being said, do you notice when changing songs/resuming playback, the right side starts playing before the left side amps up?

I don't notice any of that, isolation is not great but it's fine for the time of day I use it (when it's at dusk and no one around), and I don't find the right side play before the left.

However, I am struggling with trying to get it to connect at times, sometimes it is amazing like I was using it one day walking around, got in the car and it automatically pairs with the car and music out of the car speakers and cut off the headphones and then vice versa when i turned off the car. And then there are times when I put it on for a run and could not get it to connect and standing outside my house looking like an idiot fiddling with my phone.

Soldato
Oh {SAS}TB, I have my eye on that Garmin. That the £200 ish one that lasts up to 8 days?

Hi, yes it is and I love it :)

Awesome bit of kit with good selection of apps and widgets - used it for cycling, swimming, running and treadmill so far and it's brill :)

Built in HR is a great feature and the battery is great - used it on a fortnights holiday - 5 x 5k runs and over 20k of swimming and it needed a charge (was still at 40%) after a week and a bit (GPS use reduces the battery life) then a quick charge to top it up to full before we came home

Soldato
I don't notice any of that, isolation is not great but it's fine for the time of day I use it (when it's at dusk and no one around), and I don't find the right side play before the left.

However, I am struggling with trying to get it to connect at times, sometimes it is amazing like I was using it one day walking around, got in the car and it automatically pairs with the car and music out of the car speakers and cut off the headphones and then vice versa when i turned off the car. And then there are times when I put it on for a run and could not get it to connect and standing outside my house looking like an idiot fiddling with my phone.

Well damn, guess mine is faulty then if the right side begins playing before the left. Haven't had connection issues but have only had a few hours use. Emailed Plantronics about the issue, see what they say before I consider it a lost cause and send back. If I do, guess I'll try an LG Tone Infinium or something.

You should try putting earbuds on it for when you want some isolation, see how you think about it. :p

Caporegime
Well damn, guess mine is faulty then if the right side begins playing before the left. Haven't had connection issues but have only had a few hours use. Emailed Plantronics about the issue, see what they say before I consider it a lost cause and send back. If I do, guess I'll try an LG Tone Infinium or something.

You should try putting earbuds on it for when you want some isolation, see how you think about it. :p

Just testing now, both sides plays a the same time.

Soldato
About £10k - but that includes the SSDs which added quite a lot and screens which was about £2.5-3k of that.

Parts cost approx:

Caselabs SMA8 - £700
Asus Rampage Ed 10 - £500
6950X - £1700
Memory - £200
GPUs - £2200
SSDs - £2000
PSU - £150
Screens - £1500
Reservoirs - £150
Rads - £300
Pump - £100
Fittings and Tubing - £400
Fans - £250
Cables - £70 (although I'm going to replace these with some custom sleeved UV green that better match the fluid - only they're about £150.
Blocks - £200

Should have bought an xbox mate.

;)

Back
Top Bottom