Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

I love the FORD pickup :)

Is the pickup yours ?

Looks like an F150 Raptor or a very good copy.

Many Thanks, It is yes, its not a raptor there to silly for the UK but its got a few aesthetics from one, same engine but about 60bhp less. Nicer ride

I'm considering moving north for more sqft, is that what you did?

We did, from Leighton Buzzard to Northampton, not to far but enough to see a nicer area and bigger houses.

Unmatching front door colour sets my OCD off, I would return it :p

Nice house!

Many thanks, i think it must look better in person because i have not even noticed it until now

Congrats!!! The only place I am jealous of people going!

That time of the year it will rain more than not, but I wouldn't take an umbrella with you but just buy one when you need it from 7-11/Family Mart.

And have a list of things to do if it does rain.

And give this a watch.

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it.
I had seen that September can be quite wet so like you say I'm just going to get a brolly out there. Good video too, will be handy for the week in Tokyo

Insane money for crummy cameras... you can get a Hikvision with 25xx by something resolution for £80.

That money buys the ones you can move remotely.
Are the Hikvision camera's wireless with no wires needed ??

I agree with the image quality you get with these Arlo camera's is pretty crap..
But I need completely wireless camera's as I don't own the house i live in so I can't start making big holes everywhere for wiring..

Last edited:
Are the Hikvision camera's wireless with no wires needed ??

I agree with the image quality you get with these Arlo camera's is pretty crap..
But I need completely wireless camera's as I don't own the house i live in so I can't start making big holes everywhere for wiring..
The HikVisions I mentioned are wired. They do wireless but still needs power.

I am renting but sorted something out... no holes drilled. Used the mounting holes for a dummy camera out the front, ran outdoor cat 5e cable round the side of the house and in through the garage window which closes enough so that water doesn’t get in, even during a heavy storm.

All sorted easily and great quality video for about £100 including cable. Would need a PoE switch or injector and some storage - but even a cheap single drive NAS will let you connect a few cameras for free.

You could do a 4 cam system that wipes the floor with the 1080p Arlo for under £400 easily.

Decided to try a Sonos One for some music in our living room. Not really messed with it yet but so far I'm impressed. Easy set up and seems to produce good sound
20180701_153341.jpg

Can't go wrong with that Pana. Best panel I've seen short of OLED. It's the only TV at work I consistently wish I could take home.

Is it the Freeview Play model or is that only the 700B?

According to John Lewis' website it does Freeview Play, although I haven't even looked at it yet (as just using Sky Q rather than the tuner or smart functions).

I picked it as it was only this or a certain model of Hisense that were the "recommended" low end TV's on AVForums lists.

Plugged it in, quickly run through the settings (turned off motion enhancement, and turn most of the HDR/Dynamic contrast settings to "Low"), and so far very impressed.

Back
Top Bottom