Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Man of Honour
No real exciting picture, but I bought the governments share of my house :p

Decided to sink some money and clear the Help to Buy equity loan 3 years early (before repayments on it start). In a position to do so and it just feels better knowing the government don’t have any say on what I do with it now, plus with Brexit, it was making me slightly nervous as to what stunts they might try and pull in terms of interest rates in the future etc

All went through this morning :)

Soldato

Decided to sink some money and clear the Help to Buy equity loan 3 years early (before repayments on it start). In a position to do so and it just feels better knowing the government don’t have any say on what I do with it now, plus with Brexit, it was making me slightly nervous as to what stunts they might try and pull in terms of interest rates in the future etc

Nice one! Did you have to pay any extra on what the initial loan was, or was it reasonably straight forward?

Man of Honour
Nice one! Did you have to pay any extra on what the initial loan was, or was it reasonably straight forward?

I was extremely lucky that the independent valuation I had to get done for the process valued the house at less than what I paid near 2 years ago, even though the three other valuations I’ve had done either before or after have all been at least 40k more than what I paid

So I was very, very lucky in that sense! The loan amount was either the same or a fraction less, can’t remember off the top of my head.

The person I spoke to couldn’t believe the valuation and assumed it must have been a mistake given the prices in the area being on a massive rise recently due to development, and I certainly didn’t want to ask him if it was a mistake :D

Soldato
Awesome work! These government loans seem Good if you can actually get into a position to pay it back before the interest racks up.

Right move I think. Luckily not needed it myself as I bought originally at a decent time.

Associate

Top job matey, sounds like you ended up well with the value also

Soldato
More bike stuff, TCX street ace boots and Icon basehawk jacket, wanted casual looking stuff, jacket is a little small though so returning it.
They are nice casual looking boots but not practical at all unless you are riding at 20mph, an off at any speed above 60mph and they'll probably fall apart.

Soldato
They are nice casual looking boots but not practical at all unless you are riding at 20mph, an off at any speed above 60mph and they'll probably fall apart.

I'm planning on using them for my CBT, if i end up doing my DAS and getting a faster big bike soon i'll get a more proper pair.

Wore them out earlier and they are really comfy and feel sturdy.

Caporegime

I've crashed multiple times (once) 70 plus in high ankled steel work boots, never once had a foot injury

Your boots dont even tend to get scuffed up as there's no weight in your feet.

Only time you're feet are getting badly hurt are in impacts and if they get tangled in something on the bike/thing you hit. Of that happens they're breaking no matter what.

Big armoured boots with c clamp reinforcement and hinges are for tracks really on the road meh, any crash where the slide is gonna rip your shoes apart you're going to be torn appart by cars, curbs, posts etc first.

That said my next set of bike boots are either gonna be a nice pair of good looking casual dianese ones as they look good with jeans or a nice solid pair of Altberg semi custom Hog motorcycle boots.

@chemist check out John doe for casual pants. Had an off in thier cargo pants and they worked perfectly really heavy duty Kevlar but comfy as **** and look nice. But at 150-200 quid a pair thier stuff isnt cheap.

Caporegime
These are not steel work boots though so you can’t compare them. :p

I’m sure they’ll be fine around town and for what Khemist wants to use them for. :)

Well no theyre motorcycle boots woth ankle and heel armour a reinforced for box full grain leather and doubble stiching throughout.

As opposed to Himalayan' s cheapest peice of crap provided by work to meet the minimum ppe standards (we've had to move to composite toes now though)

So they will be far more durable in a crash situation as theyre designed for torsion, impact and abrasion not just kicking things an dropping them on your feet :p

Weirdly I so much prefer riding with toe caps, they feel so much nicer on the gear side

Soldato
Awesome work! These government loans seem Good if you can actually get into a position to pay it back before the interest racks up.
Which the vast majority wont, which is the whole reason they are having to get the loan in the first place. No one really knows what will happen once these people start having to pay interest seeing as interest is only just starting to be collected on the very first loans now. I don't see how most of the people I'm seeing use it have a prayer of being anywhere close to paying it off before the 5 years is up.

Back
Top Bottom