Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Double congrats! Had my BX5s now for about 4 years and have been really pleased with them. What AVR have got driving them? Bonus is that for floor standers their relatively compact so can get past the boss. I’m slightly dreading when our daughter starts to crawl and walk...they may have to go!

Cheers :)

Currently have a little Denon N9 Ceol. Was a little worried it might not be up to the job. Played some of our favourite music last night and it sounds good so far.

Moved my 2020i's upstairs for computer use with my Audiolab M-One.

I went for the bronze 5's partly due to their compactness. It's a little tight in our front room. No rug rats to worry about though, only the cat :p

Very pleased with the speakers so far. Seem a little bright at the top end, but I think that'll reduce a little once they are run in.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sadly my Mazda 6 was cruelly taken from me a few weeks ago (someone not paying attention didn't notice I'd stopped and smashed into the back, crushing the rear quarter and destroying the exhaust system) when my insurer wrote it off :(

Decided to go for a slightly more sensible family car, so picked up a 2012 1.6 petrol Qashqai.

About 1000 miles into driving the new car and have come to the conclusion that I quite like it.

Fuel economy is great, low speed power is pretty good, it corners almost as well as my Focus (although it does have slightly less body roll, which is impressive) and there's loads of space for the kids and stuff.

It's not going to win any acceleration or speed awards, but it does what we need it to do and looks pretty good whilst at it, as well.

Bonus discovery is that despite being the bare bones model, it has full BT connectivity for streaming audio :D

The wife is after one of these, albeit the next revision (2013/2014 onwards I think), but we did test drive the same as yours recently - it really was a pleasure to drive, and we'd have picked that one up, if it didn't have a bit of a spotty MOT past and some odd knocks/grinds when driving it.

Seems that the Qashqai is a very popular motor though - see no end of them when you're out and about!

Back
Top Bottom