Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
10000mAh power bank (6250mAh @ 5v)
2rm7adi.jpg

(lol at blurry potato phone camera)

Soldato
The series 7 broke this week, a month outside of warranty as well. Contacted Amazon who fairly said I'd been using it without issue for the past 2 years and as such can't really put the loose trimmer flap down to a manufacturing defect.

I don't really have an argument against that other than I'd expect an expensive shaver to last more than 2 years with daily use?

Either way, Amazon gave a £50 goodwill gesture, with which I upgraded to the series 9 :cool:

braun_s9.jpg

I might just contact Braun again and see if I get through to someone else who is more understanding and can push some buttons to waver the 1 month over warranty thing. Let's see!

I'm thinking about a series 7 or 9. What they like? I currently have a panasonic 5 top end one but its louder that a tornado full of wasps.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'm thinking about a series 7 or 9. What they like? I currently have a panasonic 5 top end one but its louder that a tornado full of wasps.

It's got a more premium feel than the series 7, and the shave itself is more comfortable, even though the 7 is very comfortable as it is.

I prefer the clean and renew station on the 9 though, it has a built in heater for drying the blades, and takes less time to clean and lube.

The 9 is a tad quieter in use as well.

Soldato
It's got a more premium feel than the series 7, and the shave itself is more comfortable, even though the 7 is very comfortable as it is.

I prefer the clean and renew station on the 9 though, it has a built in heater for drying the blades, and takes less time to clean and lube.

The 9 is a tad quieter in use as well.

I've been tempted by an electric for some time now. How close a shave do you get with it? would you say its as close as with a bog standard gilette manual razor?

I tried once with an electric and when I was done it was like I already had a 5 o'clock shadow so it put me off.

Soldato
What gets me is the people spending £ks on a TV that can't afford a place big enough to be able to choose where to put it.

It's like the people you see with mid terrace hovels with a new Mercedes parked outside. #priorities

Yes but with their super realistic television they can live their lives vicariously through all that amazing HD programming, so really it's the smart choice. :p

Soldato
I've had BT Infinity now for about 2 years +, thought I'd check about the speed they offer.

Guess nothing has changed!

ufDP4Tz.png
Your so lucky

Here my speeds which are the max I can get :(

Broadband Connection

2.1 Type VDSL
2.2 Status Up
2.3 Uptime 12 days 18 hours 1 mins 5 secs
2.4 Line Rate (Down / Up) 40960 kbps / 5118 kbps
2.5 Noise Margin (Down / Up) 7.6 dB / 18.8 dB
2.6 Attenuation (Down / Up) 18.8 dB / 8.3 dB
2.7 Power (Down / Up) 14.5 dBm / 6.8 dBm

Soldato
Your so lucky

Here my speeds which are the max I can get :(

Broadband Connection

2.1 Type VDSL
2.2 Status Up
2.3 Uptime 12 days 18 hours 1 mins 5 secs
2.4 Line Rate (Down / Up) 40960 kbps / 5118 kbps
2.5 Noise Margin (Down / Up) 7.6 dB / 18.8 dB
2.6 Attenuation (Down / Up) 18.8 dB / 8.3 dB
2.7 Power (Down / Up) 14.5 dBm / 6.8 dBm

And you both are lucky compared to me, this is the best speed I can get.

eRMVICl.png

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've been tempted by an electric for some time now. How close a shave do you get with it? would you say its as close as with a bog standard gilette manual razor?

I tried once with an electric and when I was done it was like I already had a 5 o'clock shadow so it put me off.

A manual razor is as close as you can get to the skin, so naturally will get the smoother shave. The series 7 and 9 get very close though, and depending on how much time you spend, can easily get a smooth enough result to not feel any hairs, nearly as smooth as a manual.

I like the convenience of electric though, it saves time and faff. I also travel around, so having an electric works well.

One thing though, cheap electric shavers produce cheap results. This much I found out from experience. The series 7 cutter bit lasts a year of daily use before it needs replacing. It costs around £30, the series 9 one is slightly more expensive.

The clean and renew solution tanks are around £10 for a pack of 3, and should last months if you use the cleaning station say once a week and simply rinse the head under a tap the other days. Keep the little pull off plastic tab as you should close the tank during those off days else the solution evaporates.

Manual blades and accessories are not cheap either, so it all evens out really in the long term.

Back
Top Bottom