Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Do you have a local "homemade" doughnuts shop? I'd recommend trying local stores (like Doughnut Co. here in Notts) as they blow KK out the water :)

Pfffffffft! I live in a small town on the west coast. We don't have fancy stores like that round these parts. :rolleyes:

That's why I have to get the train to Glasgow for anything even remotely decent. Even chain stores and restaurants seem like a treat to us small towners.

Soldato
Pfffffffft! I live in a small town on the west coast. We don't have fancy stores like that round these parts. :rolleyes:

That's why I have to get the train to Glasgow for anything even remotely decent. Even chain stores and restaurants seem like a treat to us small towners.

I know that feeling :( Luckily I moved to Notts last year for uni and it's like a whole new life :D

Man of Honour
I've been tempted by an electric for some time now. How close a shave do you get with it? would you say its as close as with a bog standard gilette manual razor?

I use a Braun and if I spent 10 minutes I can get a very close shave however a trick I've used for at least 2 decades is a quick once over with the Braun and then I use a Wilkinson Sword Protector blade which I make last 1 month.
I can get very close with a Braun 3 series, I can't imagine what a 9 series does.

Soldato
A manual razor is as close as you can get to the skin, so naturally will get the smoother shave. The series 7 and 9 get very close though, and depending on how much time you spend, can easily get a smooth enough result to not feel any hairs, nearly as smooth as a manual.

I like the convenience of electric though, it saves time and faff. I also travel around, so having an electric works well.

One thing though, cheap electric shavers produce cheap results. This much I found out from experience. The series 7 cutter bit lasts a year of daily use before it needs replacing. It costs around £30, the series 9 one is slightly more expensive.

The clean and renew solution tanks are around £10 for a pack of 3, and should last months if you use the cleaning station say once a week and simply rinse the head under a tap the other days. Keep the little pull off plastic tab as you should close the tank during those off days else the solution evaporates.

Manual blades and accessories are not cheap either, so it all evens out really in the long term.

Cool - thanks for the info (sincerely :p).

The convenience factor is what will probably sway it for me. My technique with a manual is pretty naff anyway, so in the long run will likely be better off with an electric as i will cut myself less and it will be close enough that i don't really mind.

Caporegime
I use a Braun and if I spent 10 minutes I can get a very close shave however a trick I've used for at least 2 decades is a quick once over with the Braun and then I use a Wilkinson Sword Protector blade which I make last 1 month.
I can get very close with a Braun 3 series, I can't imagine what a 9 series does.

I've had Series 3 for a while, it's good but I prefer my old Phillips one with the 3 rotating heads. I felt that could get more off in 1 pass than the Braun which requires multiple pass in different directions.

The one thing I like with the Braun is the head cleaning system so perhaps I will get the Philips with the cleaning system next time, probably in the Black Friday Sale.

Soldato
Bought it during the week to see what the fuss is about. Great for a lazy weekend shave but not good enough for a daily week day shave.

http://i.imgur.com/TnHbAY8l.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

How's it for trimming?

[quote="chaparral, post: 29996098"]Now I got a new car I thought I better buy some more Auto Glym car cleaning stuff to add to my collection in the bottom picture....:)

[URL=http://s32.photobucket.com/user/chaparral02/media/20160911_080719.jpg.html][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9/chaparral02/20160911_080719.jpg~original[IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s32.photobucket.com/user/chaparral02/media/20160911_080841.jpg.html][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9/chaparral02/20160911_080841.jpg~original[IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

All that and still the bottles are dirty? :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just searched for this and the description on the rainforest states 'full 4K'

Are they twisting the truth re what's it's capable of?

In a word, yes.

However this is not based on my experience as it's not hooked up to my 4K screen, but it's based on a) my assumption given the hardware and b) I seem to remember reading quite a few Amazon reviews saying it struggled with 4K.

However I also seem to remember that one of the reviews said that the WiFi was the limiting factor, so it may work better on RJ45, or over a network / local disk as opposed to streamed from YouTube.

I only bought it as a 1080p HTPC / school work station for the kids though, so I haven't got the inclination to try it, sorry.

The other thing is that since Netflix and Amazon don't currently support 4K streaming to PC monitors (as far as I know?), I've been cheaping out on 4K-capable HTPCs until they do.

Soldato
Won't be buying gadgets anytime soon! End left one :)

2119hqq.jpg

Soldato
Love Autoglym

Shampoo -> Super Resin Polish -> Extra Gloss Protection works wonders for my jet black and white Mini.

I done my old mans VW Golf MK4 last year with that stuff & the pad & clay wipe thingy..came up a treat,So shiny it was like new again.

Needs doing again now,Probably not worth doing it now though with Autumn setting in/random weather.

Back
Top Bottom