Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Associate
[QUOTE="Phate, post:]

LG UW34" - loving it so far. Desk is still very much in progress, need a new keyboard & mouse, a USB hub as well. Also there is a monitor arm on order which is seemingly taking forever![/QUOTE]

Which model is it as think I have the same?

I picked up a cheap monitor arm called VonHaus and it works well! What is the depth of your desk?

Soldato
Yeah, it adds Airplay and Network streaming, along with having Spotify etc capabilities built in. I think it's an older generation though as doesn't incorporate "Musiccast" but an older Yamaha based app.

I seriously doubt I'll ever use music cast functionality anyway. The app seems pretty nice for general controlling of the unit though.

I kind of miss having a cd player. When my pc is switched off and I want to play some music, I have to resort to a USB stick.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Which model is it as think I have the same?

I picked up a cheap monitor arm called VonHaus and it works well! What is the depth of your desk?

LG 34UM88C-P - I've got a Flexmounts F9 arm on order. Should he here in a week. Desk is 70cm deep.

Spent the evening trying different apps. Trying the LG On Screen Controls which I found impressive and really like the way it can snap windows around. It will be VERY useful for productivity for me. Quality of the display is fantastic.

Associate
LG 34UM88C-P - I've got a Flexmounts F9 arm on order. Should he here in a week. Desk is 70cm deep.

Spent the evening trying different apps. Trying the LG On Screen Controls which I found impressive and really like the way it can snap windows around. It will be VERY useful for productivity for me. Quality of the display is fantastic.

Cool, I have the same monitor but without the P. Definitely need a new desk as mine is about 40/50mm deep and monitor is way too close :(

Caporegime
Cool, I have the same monitor but without the P. Definitely need a new desk as mine is about 40/50mm deep and monitor is way too close :(
Ah cool, from googling it seems like the P means it had freesync, but that was a quick check, may be wrong :)

Right now with the stand the monitor screen sits around 50cm from the front of the desk. But stand does take up a lot of room! Can't wait for the arm to arrive!

Associate
Ah cool, from googling it seems like the P means it had freesync, but that was a quick check, may be wrong :)

Right now with the stand the monitor screen sits around 50cm from the front of the desk. But stand does take up a lot of room! Can't wait for the arm to arrive!

Just checked my orders and I actually have the 34UM88 which is the same as 34UM88C however comes with thunderbolt ports. Both versions have Freesync. Looking at the -P version it only seems to be available in US?

Yeah the stand is really nice but takes up so much room! Be much better when you get your arm :)

Soldato
Back to sleeping at night

6 Glasses pouches - not for glasses but to cover phones on new quad set I have - unlike the old ones they have a bright blue light on front - (Gaffa tape is good) The screen looks as though it is off but when its dark it shines - not much but enough to keep me awake.

I think I should also buy a camera tripod or stick - can you see me in the mirror :rolleyes:

414017667.jpg

Soldato
The screen looks as though it is off but when its dark it shines
Even when switched off at the plug?
Edit: misunderstood. I know what you mean about phone screens, although I've not found the screen to remain 'on' when 'off'? Are they actually totally powered down, or are they in standby/sleep?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just checked my orders and I actually have the 34UM88 which is the same as 34UM88C however comes with thunderbolt ports. Both versions have Freesync. Looking at the -P version it only seems to be available in US?

Yeah the stand is really nice but takes up so much room! Be much better when you get your arm :)

Lol I don't know then, I am sure it makes sense to some people :D

Didn't order from the US, but I don't know where the Portuguese based company got it from either!

Soldato

6 Glasses pouches - not for glasses but to cover phones on new quad set I have - unlike the old ones they have a bright blue light on front - (Gaffa tape is good) The screen looks as though it is off but when its dark it shines - not much but enough to keep me awake.

I think I should also buy a camera tripod or stick - can you see me in the mirror :rolleyes:

414017667.jpg

I'm so confused. Do you drive your house to work?

Soldato

414017667.jpg

Wat

Back
Top Bottom