Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Caporegime
New Custom Cables for a mini-ITX build next year - just as well as the cables won't likely arrive until late February or March - All Black only.

Doing an S1 build? Awesome :) - planning to do one next year myself. I didn't know you could get cables specific for that case but that's good to know. Might order some myself if they take this long.

Associate
Doing an S1 build? Awesome :) - planning to do one next year myself. I didn't know you could get cables specific for that case but that's good to know. Might order some myself if they take this long.

Yes, can't wait... lead time on the cables is 8 weeks and then 2 to 3 weeks shipping. Ordered my case in the second batch, But then half the fun is waiting and planning.... I have a large and medium top hat ordered, so I have the options of water-cooling or air cooling. in reality I know I am going to water cool, and then keep the medium unused (or for drives or bottom fans), but good to have options. my current parts purchased, and thoughts as it stands - though I am hoping to find out what Ryzen 3 offers before I pull the trigger;

Brought;

1 x Louqe Case
1 x Medium Top Hat
1 x Large Top Hat
1 x Power Supply: Silverstone 650w G
2 x Noctua 12A x 25 fans
1 x Noctua 12A x 15 fan
1 x Big Shuriken 2 Air cooler
5 x Pslate Mod cables; 1x24 pin, 1x8 pin EPS, 2xPCIE, 1Xsata
1 x EVGA 2080 XC

To Buy?;

CPU (9700k?)
Motherboard (Asrock?)
Ram (32gb 3200mhz?)
M2 SSD (Evo 970 1TB?)
AIO (Corsair platinum 100i?)

Not sure whether the AIO will be better top or bottom mounted but will find out when I build and test.

Caporegime
Looks good! I am undecided about the top hats. Despite the big benefits of the WC with an AIO I can't help but feel it simply looks exactly what it is...stuck on. So for mine I'll be looking to go air-cooling and see how I go, if temps are uncomfortable and causing stability issues or its it's too loud, I will order a top hat. However, I don't intend on overclocking. I could always order at the time and keep it in storage for the future.

I'll be looking at a Ryzen 7 build for mine :) - I did a thread recently-ish in General Hardware for a mini ITX build which might give you some ideas for hardware :)

Associate
Looks good! I am undecided about the top hats. Despite the big benefits of the WC with an AIO I can't help but feel it simply looks exactly what it is...stuck on. So for mine I'll be looking to go air-cooling and see how I go, if temps are uncomfortable and causing stability issues or its it's too loud, I will order a top hat. However, I don't intend on overclocking. I could always order at the time and keep it in storage for the future.

I'll be looking at a Ryzen 7 build for mine :) - I did a thread recently-ish in General Hardware for a mini ITX build which might give you some ideas for hardware :)

I totally agree, definitely no overclocking in that space, especially with the latest Intel furnace heaters, and the CPU's basically scale themselves nowadays depending on the cooling solution anyway.
I plan to bench the air cooler before the case arrives, and if I can get away with it, then I will air cool as I agree with your sentiments on the large top hat especially. If the air cooler is sufficient then the medium top hat with 2 fans will be the way I go.
I ordered both top hats as lead times are months... I am hoping that the Ryzen 3 on the 7nm process will run cool, and if they can push the IPC up to match intel, and the clocks then I will go that route I suspect. This is the fun of the game, having a long project and decisions to work through :)

Caporegime
You make a good point of it taking months to arrive. I might go ahead and order my case in the next couple of months so its at least "on the way" even though it might not turn up until the middle of next year :D

Soldato
Nice, I love Copenhagen.

On a short break you are far better off spending the money you saved on posher restaurants or adding extra experiences. If anything like us you will be out and about all day and not see that much of the hotel anyway other than sleeping and for a bit of jiggy time :D.

Soldato
Yeah i agree. My wife has M.E though so gets tired a lot and needs to rest so i've gone with 4 nights rather than our usual 2/3 to help space things out. A cheaper hotel pretty much pays for the extra night.

Anything you recommend? We're at a Concert on the night of the 28th but no real plans for anything else. My wife always loves the zoo so will get that in i think.

Caporegime
Yeah i agree. My wife has M.E though so gets tired a lot and needs to rest so i've gone with 4 nights rather than our usual 2/3 to help space things out. A cheaper hotel pretty much pays for the extra night.

Anything you recommend? We're at a Concert on the night of the 28th but no real plans for anything else. My wife always loves the zoo so will get that in i think.

Eat, there are a LOT of nice places to eat there, including Noma, if you can get a booking.

Soldato
Eat, there are a LOT of nice places to eat there, including Noma, if you can get a booking.

I'd love to eat there, everything looks incredible but at around £300 per head plus drinks there's no way i can justify it. Figure it'd work out around £800 at least for 2 of us. I'm good around £400 including drinks but beyond that i don't think i'd enjoy it enough. I know my wife definitely wouldn't!

Caporegime
I'd love to eat there, everything looks incredible but at around £300 per head plus drinks there's no way i can justify it. Figure it'd work out around £800 at least for 2 of us. I'm good around £400 including drinks but beyond that i don't think i'd enjoy it enough. I know my wife definitely wouldn't!

I went to a different place as Noma was closed when I went, still Michelin star and was £130 a head but I didn’t have alcohol besides the welcome champagne you get on arrival.

https://kokkeriet.dk/

Back
Top Bottom