Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Associate
Shiny new phone \o/

20160916_203501_zpsphyatjr8.jpg

Soldato
£345.55 (excl. VAT) £414.66 (incl. VAT) for just a set of 10mm to 19mm long Combination spanners..

I can't think of any reason why anyone would pay around £400 for just a set of 10mm to 19mm spanners :confused:

i class snapon tools as willy waving for mechanics :) they usually quote the life time guarantee but halfords for example also give lifetime on all there professional range.

no offence meant ofc as im more than guilty of spending way more than i should just for "a name" on some things

Caporegime
Snap on is fantastic stuff. Yes cheaper stuff is good quality but make no mistake, there's a VERY clear difference in the time spent developing these tools. It shows when using them frequently, tools like this are so much better at difficult tasks than the cheaper stuff.

Granted it's overpriced but when you use this stuff on a daily basis, it can be the difference between a two hour job and a six hour job.

Soldato
I bought them on promotion, cost me £240.

It's not just the lifetime guarantee which makes Snap-On so good, it's the dealer that comes round every week. If it's broken, it get replaced. If it's worn, it gets accidentally broken, than replaced. If it's lost, I cry.

Soldato
I bought them on promotion, cost me £240.

It's not just the lifetime guarantee which makes Snap-On so good, it's the dealer that comes round every week. If it's broken, it get replaced. If it's worn, it gets accidentally broken, than replaced. If it's lost, I cry.

Be fair tho, just buying it coz he comes to your garage isnt an excuse to buy a £300 set of spanners over a £100 set that you could stop at a shop and buy or get A replacement for a damaged item. I know they let you buy on "tick" or on a monthly payment plan but you could also do that with a credit card :)

I do agree with the comment that if its your job then you should buy the best tools you can as you want them to last etc.

Im an electician and only buy ck tools even if cheaper ones are "as good" so as i said im just as guilty.

Back
Top Bottom