Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I never knew they existed for lawns. I always assumed they were mainly indoor sweepers.

I've heard extremely good experiences about them. I'm trying to get a Schiit BiFrost 2 and Jotunheim 2 but they're out of stock in the UK and America with a waiting time of at least 2 months due to part shortages.

They are very solid gear and very happy with my stack. No issues driving my various headphones to decent levels and the BiFrost 2 only looks better. I expect you will be pleased with it. Yeah sucks on stock situation, was feeling urge to splurge a bit needlessly so was looking at the gear the other day, saved me being all out for once :o

Caporegime
EMRmoUmh.jpg

For the study, right behind my work laptop ;).

Can't wait to install it. Unfortunately I have to travel to Hampshire tomorrow so will have to wait until Wednesday, when I'm wfh all day woohoo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Am I missing something, or are those CPU and board not compatible? 11th gen are LGA1200 and 12th gen are LGA1700. And that board is LGA1700 right?

You are correct, and I realised this about half an hour after posting this post! How it happened..... I was originally going to buy a Z590 board and the 11900K together, however, when i was in the shop, I started looking at Z690 boards instead, chose the ROG Strix, but didn't even consider changing the CPU :cry:

Not only that, but as someone said above, the 12700k is a better chip at the same price, so I went back today and swapped, I now have a 12700K ;)

Associate
You are correct, and I realised this about half an hour after posting this post! How it happened..... I was originally going to buy a Z590 board and the 11900K together, however, when i was in the shop, I started looking at Z690 boards instead, chose the ROG Strix, but didn't even consider changing the CPU :cry:

Not only that, but as someone said above, the 12700k is a better chip at the same price, so I went back today and swapped, I now have a 12700K ;)

You have the partner angle down perfectly! Buy a CPU and show them the receipt for the cost. Buy the wrong one and then go swap it for the better more expensive model when they're not looking. :D

(It probably was the same price.... This time. :p)

Soldato
EMRmoUmh.jpg

For the study, right behind my work laptop ;).

Can't wait to install it. Unfortunately I have to travel to Hampshire tomorrow so will have to wait until Wednesday, when I'm wfh all day woohoo.
How much dop these run? Looking to replace a budget 43 at some point.

The Steam Deck runs Linux because Valve have been deliberately hedging their bets on Linux to protect their market. When Windows 8 was launched it was clear Windows was heading in a direction that could be risky to Valve. When the Windows Store arrived it was a threat to Valve controlling what was sold on Steam. So they invested heavily in developing their Proton Compatibility layer based on existing Wine, and other Linux tools. I haven't gamed on Linux for a while but I understand the level of compatibility is quite good now.

Makes sense. The barrier to anything Linux was always the installation process/driver incompatibility. If both of those are nailed (Steam front end + specific supported OS) it sounds like all the best bits and more.

Soldato
Everyone frothing about robot mowers would probably be pleased to know of the irony that they probably take more effort than a manual mower. That is for the first few weeks at least, unless you have a very level and square garden. Hoping at somepoint mine becomes totally autonomous!

I actually really enjoy mowing the lawn, but the fact is that with a young family it's not always easy to find enough time to do it as often as you want. I didn't buy one because I never wanted to mow the lawn again, I bought it because it would mean I would have a nicely cut lawn all of the time. Which really does make a difference, in the height of summer if you spend any time looking into your garden and it's more than 1.5 days since you mowed it, you can't help but think oh that needs a mow.

I don't think I class as either a top revenue earner with a gardening team OR a young scrimper who needs a robot mower to free up his time to work enough to live! Hilarious where the arguments go when all the contrarians get involved.

Man of Honour
damn robots coming and taking the gardener's job - I looked at a few but ended up with a ride on, its quite nice bumbling round the garden but in all honesty the idea of having an hour back a week was very tempting, just couldn't get one that would work with the multiple lawns, didn't really fancy buying four!

Caporegime
Everyone frothing about robot mowers would probably be pleased to know of the irony that they probably take more effort than a manual mower. That is for the first few weeks at least, unless you have a very level and square garden. Hoping at somepoint mine becomes totally autonomous!

In the few days since I've installed it, I've had to intervene twice to tweak the guide wire being too close to a flower bed. Each took about thirty seconds to fix and it's been mowing for hours. Can't be that hard if it's installed properly.

Man of Honour
In the few days since I've installed it, I've had to intervene twice to tweak the guide wire being too close to a flower bed. Each took about thirty seconds to fix and it's been mowing for hours. Can't be that hard if it's installed properly.
Do you have to clean up the cut grass?

Soldato
You're right that if it's installed properly, it should be good to go. I made a post in the dedicated thread about it, but without sharing a 3D model of my whole garden, it's hard to show you how easier said than done it is to install it all perfectly.
How often are you meant to run it?
As often as you need to. You can set it all up with an app, just depends how short you want your grass to be kept.

Soldato
The same or more than the next size up. Just like the 48" when it came out, there's a premium for being the new smallest size :(

Talking 1200-1300 right now. Last year's 48" (very similar product) has been had under a grand.
So you're saying if I buy a bigger house then I'll save on television sizes :cool:

Love man maths!

Back
Top Bottom