Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate

Nice! I got some of these myself to turn off all the kit behind my TV and for my gaming PC. The PC plug is too hard to get to for now but if I turn the plug for my TV off (including the router and virgin media kit) for 17 hours a day (bed at 11pm and on at 4pm the next day) during the week I'll save about £7.80 per month. I've not factored in weekends where it won't be off for as long but in 2 months I'll get back the cost of a plug!

Soldato
What the hell have you got on standby that, by turning it off at the wall, saves you nearly £8/month?

I don't disbelieve you given you must have looked into it to get an accurate figure but just curious

Soldato
Got a tyre, some wood, brackets, pipe fittings and tow rope to make a weight sled and tib bar.

Annoyingly since i made the tib bar, i found another video which has a slightly better design but balls if i can be bothered ordering more bits!

VdTVsa4.png

F4ZOHNx.png

9pyXUlU.png
Definitely 2 Amazon boxes of 24 330ml beers

Soldato
I'm intrigued by what is plugged in that's pulling best part of 55 Watts on standby!
55w x 17hrs = 935w per day
935w x 365 = 341275w annually
341275w / 12 = 28440w monthly
28440w / 1000 = 28.4 kWh monthly
28.4 kWh x 28p = £7.96
Scary how quickly an "only" 55w appliance/draw can suck up the cash!

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a backpack for use when running, but it's really small. With a protein drink and towel, there's not a lot of extra room for anything else. I use it to run to the gym, but then if I shop after, I have to walk home using bag for lifes. I wanted a bigger rucksack that was still comfortable to run to the gym with -

KJroj3M.jpg

lL0A4dh.jpg

It's one of those that glow in the dark almost :cry: I won't use it much at night and was more just after a running/cycling friendly backpack. I like how high it sits on my back and the straps that come round the chest and waist to hold it in place.

Soldato
I have a backpack for use when running, but it's really small. With a protein drink and towel, there's not a lot of extra room for anything else. I use it to run to the gym, but then if I shop after, I have to walk home using bag for lifes. I wanted a bigger rucksack that was still comfortable to run to the gym with -

It's one of those that glow in the dark almost :cry: I won't use it much at night and was more just after a running/cycling friendly backpack. I like how high it sits on my back and the straps that come round the chest and waist to hold it in place.

Let me know how you get on with it. Now i'm in the office one day a week, i'm debating running to work. However i'll need a towel, spare clothes and my laptop and as you say, most running rucksacks aren't big enough. Might even look into one of those microfibre towels!

Soldato
I think this is plenty big enough for that. It's 30L and I got quite a lot of shopping in it, twice now. When it's 'fully laden' I can't clip the front chest strap together though, they spring off their anchor points on the backpack. It's not an issue though as when it's fully laden I'm only walking, not running.

Associate
Welcome to altair IV gentlemen - Walmart exclusive lights and sound Robby to go with my collection. $35 plus import cost and postage, absolute bargain compared to
X-Plus and Masudaya models (I have both).

BCeYAQh.jpg

Don
I'm intrigued by what is plugged in that's pulling best part of 55 Watts on standby!
55w x 17hrs = 935w per day
935w x 365 = 341275w annually
341275w / 12 = 28440w monthly
28440w / 1000 = 28.4 kWh monthly
28.4 kWh x 28p = £7.96
Scary how quickly an "only" 55w appliance/draw can suck up the cash!

A TV STB (like SkyQ) can be pulling 25W alone during standby, OP is powering off his Virgin router too which is another 13W so already very close to the 55W reported

Back
Top Bottom