Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Apart from the new desktop, another Creative labs soundbar, new cheapy Samsung TV and lots and lots of RGB lighting..

puHaEIt.jpg
It is stunning but that leg does draw your eye to it. I used a batten at one point on a 2.4m span and never had sag in over 12 months. Though I now have another set of drawers where your leg is as need extra storage.

Soldato
It is stunning but that leg does draw your eye to it. I used a batten at one point on a 2.4m span and never had sag in over 12 months. Though I now have another set of drawers where your leg is as need extra storage.
I might remove the leg as I've since fitted another massive L bracket which sits dead center (under the PC), or as you have, get another set of drawers.

Soldato
Had mine about a year now and love it, although would've preferred it at the current bargain prices!

Ha ha I bet !

Good to hear. I had no intention of swapping my Fenix until my brother in law showed me the current deals and, well, man maths prevailed !!

Living it so far,.just doing an update including the maps and will have a proper play later :D

Soldato
@{SAS}TB what deals are you referring to? I've been looking at the Epix, I think £399 is the price I've seen but that's for the non-Pro. I'm mainly looking for a Garmin that has AMOLED, dual band GPS, the better topographic maps and the ability to support the YouTube music app. I think the Epix ticks all the boxes, not sure what the Pro adds.

Soldato
@{SAS}TB what deals are you referring to? I've been looking at the Epix, I think £399 is the price I've seen but that's for the non-Pro. I'm mainly looking for a Garmin that has AMOLED, dual band GPS, the better topographic maps and the ability to support the YouTube music app. I think the Epix ticks all the boxes, not sure what the Pro adds.

It's the Pro Sapphire 51mm not sure what the individual differences are but man maths says get all the bells and whistles and will help when you come to sell it on :D

There's quite a few places have them on offer - that was from First Class Watches AMJ have the same deal and quite a few others

I went with FCW as they offered PayPal so got pay in three which was all helping the man maths justification. :D

Soldato
It's the Pro Sapphire 51mm not sure what the individual differences are but man maths says get all the bells and whistles and will help when you come to sell it on :D

There's quite a few places have them on offer - that was from First Class Watches AMJ have the same deal and quite a few others

I went with FCW as they offered PayPal so got pay in three which was all helping the man maths justification. :D

Thanks, now I'm £479 poorer!

Soldato
I got the same deal but for the Fenix 7. More or less the same except the screen. I need the solar charging for Ultra events.

My BIL has the Fenix 7 and runs ultras - I did ask him about the solar and he reckons it's a bit gimmicky and not really sure how much charge it actually adds

That said the screen on the Epix will drain the battery (as will the flashlight he uses regularly) but he also uses a charging puck and power bank on longer runs where he needs to charge on the go

Soldato
I'm fairly sure the Epix can manage ~60hrs as long as you don't have the screen on always on mode during activity recording so i'd have though it's capable for all but the longest Ultras

I know he has GPS / Mapping and recording on for the whole event and uses the flashlight quite a bit when out in the middle of nowhere. The "shorter" (not the best choice of description I know) ultra's are fine but when he's up well over 100 miles he still needs to top up the charge at checkpoints or sometimes on the go

Soldato
I've done ~50 mile runs with it and only lost around 30% using mapping and HR etc, but the torch really does use a lot. Absolutely brilliant feature though. I initially thought it was gimmicky, but i've actually used it to paddleboard through a mile long tunnel on a canal which would've been pitch black otherwise :D

Back
Top Bottom