Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Bought a decent Lava lamp :)

20160815_161536.jpg

20160815_161602.jpg

Soldato
A 10mm OD, 8mm ID steel tube and a 40 tooth, 48DP gear..
33e0arc.jpg

..these will eventually go into this thing once a few other parts (gears and bearings) arrive.

35nd4iq.jpg

av4vnn.jpg

Still very much a work in progress. It's basically a game controller using an Arduino Leonardo, some wood, some potentiometers, gears, wiring and switches to replicate an old arcade controller.

I've salvaged old lego sets, hard drive caddies, stripped electronics from consumer goods and used an old curtain pole hanger to get thus far. It works ok but I think it needs better bearings and gears.

Last edited:
Soldato
A 10mm OD, 8mm ID steel tube and a 40 tooth, 48DP gear..
33e0arc.jpg

..these will eventually go into this thing once a few other parts (gears and bearings) arrive.

35nd4iq.jpg

av4vnn.jpg

Still very much a work in progress. It's basically a game controller using an Arduino Leonardo, some wood, some potentiometers, gears, wiring and switches to replicate an old arcade controller.

I've salvaged old lego sets, hard drive caddies, stripped electronics from consumer goods and used an old curtain pole hanger to get thus far. It works ok but I think it needs better bearings and gears.

Is it like the old Star Wars arcade controller?

Soldato
Is it like the old Star Wars arcade controller?

Yes that's what it is supposed to be. I've fancied building one for a number of years and finally thought I'd give it a go, now that I get a full fortnight off work.

It's a bit bulky and I'd prefer it in metal but alas I have no metal working tools beyond a few files and hacksaw.

Soldato
That's not one I've come across before! Looks pretty decent, what gear will you be hooking it up to?

Yeah,it was highly recommended to me for it's lowest latency. I just returned a Steinberg UR22mkII because although it had decent latency around 4ms, it was giving me dropouts. Basically, I'm sending midi from electric Roland drums into the interface, then from the interface into my laptop and into Cubase LE Elements 8. In Cubase I load sampled drums software and trigger the sounds from the drums. Then I can record myself.

With the Steinberg I was getting dropouts even at higher buffer and sample settings, so I'm hoping the Zoom UAC 2 sorts it out!

Back
Top Bottom