Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Nice polished video but how did they know where the camera is pointed at, unless there is a live uplink to a remote screen ? With it being so high up and far away how can you tell which way it is pointed at?

Surely you know it points forward and down at an angle. You fly it going forward and sideways, so you should always know where it is pointing (I'm assuming?), the direction you are flying in.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That quadrocoptor is epic!

I'm curious how you guys using this in the car? I'm guessing you have some sort of audio input in the car's stereo?

AUx/Line in on the car head unit or if your car has one in the glovebox is the way to do it :)

ditto - got one and using it in the car, works wonderfully and the audio quality is pretty much up there with CDs through the built in Bose system, it even cranks up loud without much distortion.

In comparison to the Belkin Bluetooth receiver (F8Z492uk) i had before its day and night, the Belkin is in the bin now - horrible thing!

Just wanted to thank mrk for this. Spotted it on this thread and ordered one. It came today and has now sparked my forgotten Linn Classik system (with Linn Kans) back into life. It might not be hifi but its certainly making for some good listening via Spotify. Cheers mrk, nice find and saves me trying to find a second hand Squeezebox.

Glad people are finding it useful :)

Don
@Rilot Silly question but what happens if it goes out of signal range, does it drop from the sky? :p

Failsafe. It has GPS and returns to it's home position and lands if it loses connection with the transmitter.

Nice polished video but how did they know where the camera is pointed at, unless there is a live uplink to a remote screen ?

Remote screen with video downlink transmitting at 600mW on 5.8GHz. I get a PoV of what the camera sees.

I also have a mini GPS transmitter that has a PAYG SIM in it. If I lose the drone I can SMS the SIM and it's sends an SMS back with it's current GPS coordinates.

Soldato
Most people I know who have gimbals say don't fly looking through the camera on the gimbal as it stays level and it's hard/impossible to know what the attitude is when you're looking through your Fat Sharks/monitor. If you're going ot do FPV I highly recommend using a flight cam hard mounted to the quad body.

Also have fun, the Phantom is a great beginner quad :) you'll get addicted in no time and then want to build your own faster quad :) I love blasting around in mine flying FPV.

Edit: Oh and balance your new props, you'll massively cut down the vibrations that cause jello (the wobbly looking video caused by the camera moving during an exposure) and give your flight controller an easier job.

Edit2: also get some circular polarised antennas for your video transmitter (VTx) and goggles/receiver, you mentioned a 600mW VTx so I guess you've gone for ImmersionRC, good choice, I'm on their frequencies too, you'll need make sure you get SMA connectors on the antennas (rather than RP-SMA). They will increase the range you can fly and eliminate the multipath interference you get with the standard rubber ducks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom