Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I can't imagine those parking sensors will be great, either in function or how they will look on the car.

Surely it's best to stick to OEM or not at all?

They will sit flush and are colour coded to the car. 15mins of careful measuring so they are all equal and level and jobs a good'un :)

Late last minute delivery, the cable turned up for said aux kit!

okXdecm.jpg

Although I have a feeling I may have overdone it.... :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
You might need to make use of MM for all that leftover cable. :D

I'm sure I'll find use of it somehow... :D

It was hilariously packaged, it was wrapped in black plastic bin bags and looked like what I can only describe as a huge O ring or a dodgy massive black plastic doughnut! Got a few looks round the office for that one.

I bought 3 meters worth to allow for me messing it up etc but I do think I'll have probably about 5ft left over when I'm done :D - if you have any ridiculous suggestions on what to do with it, feel free to post away! :D

Now all I need is gold connectors to turn up to attach the cable to the back of the radio and then let the surgery commence!

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks mate.

It's one of the 'Bog Standard' colours (I didn't want to pay for paint!!) They look okay in Red (my wife has a Red Fabia) and everyone seems to have a white one!! :D

I'm a fan of the blue, it's a very nice colour a lot of people in the Skoda seem to have red, however blue is most definitely my favourite.

The Fabia is a very pretty car.

Soldato
It drives so nicely!.. okay I'm coming from a 2002 Civic 1.4 vision to a 1.2 Diesel but it just seem so much more responsive! and, with the torque being more than the Civic, it seems to accelerate better!! :D

The Interior noise levels are sooo low too!, I forgot I was driving a 'Dirty Dirty' Diesel untill I went to top off the tank ready for work next week, until I saw the 'DIESEL' sign in the filler cap!! :D

I'm very happy with it and I've only done 50 miles so far!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
More tea? More tea!

teas.jpg

My first decent piece of glass! :)

[]http://i.imgur.com/OOJfhEN.jpg[/IMG]

technically it is also your first L glass since the elements are exactly that :)

Soldato
It drives so nicely!.. okay I'm coming from a 2002 Civic 1.4 vision to a 1.2 Diesel but it just seem so much more responsive! and, with the torque being more than the Civic, it seems to accelerate better!! :D

The Interior noise levels are sooo low too!, I forgot I was driving a 'Dirty Dirty' Diesel untill I went to top off the tank ready for work next week, until I saw the 'DIESEL' sign in the filler cap!! :D

I'm very happy with it and I've only done 50 miles so far!

You wait till you've done a few more miles and the engine's at it's peak performace ;)

Associate
...you could do that, but tbh i'd much rather be able to just put the phone in a cradle (got a wireless charging Qi cradle on order) and go. Combine that with NFC and some scripts you can get it starting the music playing, nav firing up etc etc.

but yes, basically the box allows you to connect to the aux in via Bluetooth :)

Ah I think I asked about this too - now I get it, basically a bluetooth wireless jump into the AUX.

I don't have AUX IN :( Using a FM transmitter which has been OK actually to stream spottily from my iPhone. And the iPhone in a cradle with FM transmitter works great for me in the car. Tom Tom and Spotify run together and both run thought the FM transmitter to the car audio.

Got one of these to cradle the iPhone in the vents:

F3BXAi2l.jpg

Caporegime
Just picked this up for a steal on Gumtree! I cant believe it was genuine!

Picked it up after work today. Weirdly, the guy was wearing a royal mail uniform and didnt seem to know anything about photography so i'm not sure what he was doing with it. He claimed his brother recently died and left it to him in his will.

Bit of a sad story but still, i'm well chuffed!

Man of Honour
Just picked this up for a steal on Gumtree! I cant believe it was genuine!

[/IMG]

Picked it up after work today. Weirdly, the guy was wearing a royal mail uniform and didnt seem to know anything about photography so i'm not sure what he was doing with it. He claimed his brother recently died and left it to him in his will.

Bit of a sad story but still, i'm well chuffed!

:D

Soldato
Well this is my treat for the month :)

b33f8acb-93ce-486e-b076-5230adde9a8c.jpg

0ee7ad1f-48bc-4151-bb2d-5e4c74ba05fb.jpg

Has some cool features and connects directly to my iPhone allowing me to control it remotely. Doesn't seem to be any lag with that either.

Really looking to take a keener interest in photography but carting loads of lenses around just isn't for me. Hopefully this will be a nice little introduction and see where it takes me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom