Permabanned
Upgraded to this little lot on Friday :

2013-08-03%2011.44.10.jpg

Are you going Windows 8?

You should have gone with 16gb Ram

Soldato
Are you going Windows 8?

You should have gone with 16gb Ram

Windows 8? No. Windows 7 Pro is just fine, and the existing installation worked after swapping the board. I have a Win8 upgrade but it's never been used, I dislike the interface.

No need for 16GB RAM. It's a gaming build and I never got close to utilising all the 6GB RAM in the old build.

Associate
Just purchased some new A/V for the new bedroom when we move next week. Wanted to splash out as we watch 95% of our TV in the bedroom as opposed to front room.

Samsung UE40F8000
Sonos Playbar
Sonos Sub
£2400 in total with a further £100 to come off via Samsung Cashback.

Mike

Soldato
Windows 8? No. Windows 7 Pro is just fine, and the existing installation worked after swapping the board. I have a Win8 upgrade but it's never been used, I dislike the interface.

No need for 16GB RAM. It's a gaming build and I never got close to utilising all the 6GB RAM in the old build.

You changed components and didn't format...

You best go to church right now and renounce your sins god damn it!

Oh, bought myself these for the new job:

I55c2ipl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
18" wheels with matching tyres with about 4mm tread, £170:

file_zpsa33d05a4.jpg

Going to get refurbed, rims need re-polishing and lacquering, and the middles are going to get done in pale gold or silver, haven't decided yet.

Not going on the car til it's lowered though that can wait til next month.

Soldato
Gothic, tell us more about your ammo collection.

Not really much to say I have only just stared to collect the spent shells.
I know a good site that sells them pretty cheap, but just seeing what I find at car boot sales for now.
My small collection

Joining a gunclub in a week or 2 so I should after while be able collect all my used shells if I want :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Fitbit Flex.

My company is buying me one of those this month. I asked for the black variant. I'm interested to know if you like it. I already have a Nike+ Fuelband (also from my company) and it doubles up as a watch, which I use often. What I don't like about the Flex is that it doesn't have a big display on it, like the Fuelband does, so I can't see exactly how I am doing without syncing.

Soldato
You changed components and didn't format...

You best go to church right now and renounce your sins god damn it!

LOL :D

My NAS is on the fritz as the flash drive it boots off died so backing up the steam library was a bit of an issue, and I couldn't face flattening my internet connection for days while it redownloaded.

I figured there was a decent chance it would boot without blue screening as the old chipset (P35 from 2007!) is fully supported out of the box and was set to AHCI. Turns out I was right. It's only a gaming machine so there's very little bloat on it. A set of Chipset drivers off the DVD in the box and it was happy enough to install the other drivers.

Windows 7/8 are a lot more tolerant to hardware changes than XP due to changes under the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom