Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
It just does not seem as quick as the Ipad. It might just be the way it works. Scrolling between screens on the Ipad seems smoother I find the N7 laggy its almost like its a fraction behind my finger if that makes sense.

It's more than likely just me but I find the Ipad a lot nicer to use for general use like web browsing email etc.

I'm not wanting to start a war as it's only my opinion but I was expecting a bit more from the Nexus.

From my blog posting about it ...

"...What I wasnt expecting was to have to enter the wi-fi password 3 times, have the new device randomly reboot itself twice while I was playing with it and then requiring an immediate OS upgrade. Minor annoyances dealt with I was looking forward to seeing the new display in action (with better pixel density than my iPad 3) plus the benefit of twice the RAM, twice the CPU core density and all the general improvements you would expect in a tech gadget a year and a half newer than the one I was used to using. Unfortunately having played around with the 7 Mk2 for the best part of the night (I write this at 2am) it looks like the good old 7 day distance selling regulation will be getting invoked and the Nexus will be going back to ******. Why? Well its just not as good an experience. Here’s a breakdown …

Scrolling up and down apps and web pages is nowhere near as responsive as the iPad or my iPhone 5. Grab the screen on the iPad and slide your finger and the motion on screen is instant. With the Nexus 7 you drag your finger up and down and there is noticeable delay as the device plays catch up. It’s not horrible but its like going from a funky flat screen plasma back to the CRT telly you had as a kid – it works but it’s just not as good.

Loading up some apps and again the Nexus falls down. Facebook on IOS is fairly snappy, when it’s not crashing, but on the 7 its slow, scrolling chugs along and just doesn’t feel as refined. Even Chrome is a bit of a slouch.

Moving on to media and loading up the same image on both devices and putting them side by side shows the Nexus 7 to be slightly desaturated and with less red and a touch more green on show. It’s not horrible at all and is very good but just seems a touch too bright and washed out. It’s a million miles better than the Samsung OLED mess as seen on the S3 and S4 but I’m comparing it against what I was hoping it would replace - the Ipad 3.

What I’m really saying is that the new 7 is the tablet I wanted to own. Its got the spec down, its got the screen size and weight Id like to carry around but even with its doubling of RAM and core count it just doesn’t match the year and a half old iPad I’m writing this quick review on. Sorry droid fanboys, I’m staying IOS for a while yet!”

Just as an aside, Rikki is in no way an Apple lover. Everything he uses is PC based on either Windows or Linux and has been meddling with computers since his 386 on MS-DOS 5.0"

Pretty much mirrors what you say fella

Soldato
Gone a bit spendy this month. Loving the road bike but really looking forward to giving this a run out. Got a cracking deal on it at £500. Very happy :)

9af06785-0877-466e-88eb-74f68e908adb.jpg

Last edited:

ajf

ajf

Soldato
A couple of interesting items this week.
Always had an interest in the Crusades and the Knights Templar.
The sword is 'in the style of' rather than 100% accurate and it is blunt!

IMG_5658.jpg

IMG_5661.jpg

IMG_5663.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom