Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
After lots of debating in mass proportions, I decided on a NAS setup, finally.

cszgmWj.jpg

Went for a Netgear ReadyNAS 104. It was between this and the Synology 412+ A few things swayed my decision:

The price - Its over a £200 difference between the two and the Synology would give me more apps and more power...

Which is all well and good, but what the ReadyNAS can already do out of the box more than suits my needs, and the app support is growing. I read a lot of reviews from enthusiasts saying its excellent value for money and you only really need to go for the Syn if you're looking at more than 5+ people accessing at the same time, IE in small businesses. When it was initially released the OS for it was very very new and it had a few issues (couldn't support anything over 4gb for example) but they have all been resolved now.

This will be used at home and the only time it'll be used 'excessively' (and I use that term more sarcastically than anything) is when I'm streaming a film along with a backup running from my machine, so this will do nicely.

Had a quick nose around it, I remember reading a comment about the hard drive caddies being flimsy.

They are right and wrong the caddy itself is solid, its proper server standard, but the tool less mountain mechanism it has to mount the hard drive into the caddy itself is a bit flimsy, but providing you’re not a ham fisted moron it won’t be a problem. Just need to take a bit of care with it.
Anyway, in the box you get, the NAS, the card board box has the PSU and a network cable and you get a wallet with a user guide and a CD.

It weighs more than I thought it would, the box it comes in its very solid and sturdy with a handle carry handle so taking it home should be fine. The product itself though is solid, even the door has a magnetic pull to it which keeps it firmly in place, I’m impressed, especially for the money paid for it!

Not one single part of it feels cheap. :)

Now for the expensive bit...the hard drives... :o

Think I'll wait a bit for those, wallet needs to recover.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
An A3 photo book:

ubjd.jpg

qgyk.jpg

3qpc.jpg

q8qc.jpg

You can guess the subject. :D

Man of Honour
OP
I might be interested again when players aren't being complete fools on the pitch and giving the game a bad rep.

99.9% of them aren't so there is nothing to stop you. :p

Let's not turn this thread into a footie debate as there is another place for that. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
hH1wQhpl.jpg

Wandering into HMV is always dangerous for me...

Don't own any of them yet, and only seen Fight Cub and Watchmen, both of which I haven't seen in a while.

I've heard good things about all, and I've recently got into Tarantino so Kill Bill is definitely intriguing for me!

kd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom