Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
All I want to say is great photo :D

Thanks. :D

I was doing some product photography for ebay anyway, so it was easy just to pop the Kindle in to the setup.

Nice one. How is the new screen, any unevenness in lighting or blotchiness?

I've only had a quick glance at it but it seems very even all over. There's a youtube comparison video which shows the difference between the evenness of the lighting in the old and new version but I'll have a proper look myself tonight and report back.

Associate
Recently got a Kindle Fire HD. While not completely the same I have to say I've used it every single day and nearly finished my first book on it.

Fantastic devices :)

Agreed. They're awesome!

What I like most about their e-readers is there's no bells and whistles and things slapped on as an afterthought. They're just functional and do the intended job really well.

This is my fourth Kindle (so far) but I'd still be chuffed to bits with the Kindle Keyboard version if they hadn't released any better versions after it.

Caporegime
Agreed. They're awesome!

What I like most about their e-readers is there's no bells and whistles and things slapped on as an afterthought. They're just functional and do the intended job really well.

This is my fourth Kindle (so far) but I'd still be chuffed to bits with the Kindle Keyboard version if they hadn't released any better versions after it.

Yep.

I love the battery life, even using it everyday I'm still getting 2 weeks out of it and that includes reading to/from work and some web browsing in the evening.

The screen is delicious as well.

What's your first book on it? I bought Neil Gaiman's American Gods (which is fantasitc btw, highly recommend)

Associate
What's your first book on it? I bought Neil Gaiman's American Gods (which is fantasitc btw, highly recommend)

Thanks for the recommendation. I've just read the description and it definitely sounds like something I'd enjoy.

At the moment I'm near the end of The Picture of Dorian Gray and after that I'll be reading Capital, by John Lanchester. Then I'll move on to your recommendation. Firstly though I have to move all my books across to the new Kindle.

Soldato
0xtt.jpg

Hello. My name is Craig and I am a Marvelaholic. It has been 3 hours since my last comic purchase.

Superior Foes of Spiderman issues 1 - 3 (issue 1 from ebay, everything else from Forbidden Planet), Avengers Arena issue 16, Avengers A.I issue 4 and Superior Spiderman Team-up issues 1 - 4.

This is rapidly turning into an expensive habit...

Associate
Well...

94mDT4gl.jpg

Been really getting on with these (Eco-pouches), so I saved myself a few quid and bought a big boy. Delicious shake, with everything I want from it and no hormonal mood swings.

qUgeUdZl.jpg.png

Picked up a 27" 2560 x 1440 Hazro, and damn is it beautiful. It was either this or go triple monitors, and I'm really happy with the choice.

Soldato
Admit the first thing you did was watch a grot video.

Da hell is that?

First thing I watched is Pacific Rim, might be bad, I swear I can now see the green screen shots stick out now!
Nice TV, what model is it?

Panasonic TX-L42E6B 42", it got a little price drop there, so couldn't stop myself, Im amazed how thin these things have got!

One thing is yes the cables are all over the place, to be hidden away, but notice to the right how these cheapo gits provide the shortest possible power cables...what the hell is with that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom