Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Was in need of a new direct disc capable printer so got...

CanonPIxma.jpg

Been looking at this thanks to this post and it seems like an absolutely fantastic printer, especially for the money.

Thanks for spending £50 of my money before I even get it for me. :p

Caporegime
Thanks I will. It's a lot different to a dslr in terms of approach and day to day use. It's soooo tactile though as there's a switch or dial for everything you need.

Yerp, I guess I'm looking at it from an entirely different view to most...those cameras make most photographers tight in the pants to me its a bit...meh.

Make sure you post up some stuff in the photography forum :) will look forward to seeing that.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
^^^ I don't get credit for heads up about it? :p

Lol, you mentioned it somewhere? I came across the printer after doing an afternoon of research and contemplating driving to Staples or making use of free delivery and 6% cashback via TopCashback!

Been looking at this thanks to this post and it seems like an absolutely fantastic printer, especially for the money.

Thanks for spending £50 of my money before I even get it for me. :p

It seems very nice, wireless sync is fast at 150Mbps and the WPS link up was easy. The web interface is nice and shows you signal info as well as remaining ink info.

Speaking of inks, as is usually the case for inkjet printers, the Canon branded inks come to £52~ for a whole set or much much less for unbranded inks. Need to decide what 3rd party supplier to use for the latter otherwise I'm better off just buying a new printer every time the inks run out at that kind of price. Only used for disc printing so it should last a very long time.

Edit*
Oh, the other thing is a little surprise, try figuring out where the CD mounting tray is, the manual doesn't mention it :D

I thought they forgot it in the box!

Last edited:

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I spy a Das keyboard there, very nice. Best looking keyboard imo and I so want one. Just wish they'd do a backlit but they never will.

Yep, it's a brilliant keyboard. Only downside I've found is that it's a bit of a dust-magnet. I have to clean it every day!

Caporegime
Lol, you mentioned it somewhere? I came across the printer after doing an afternoon of research and contemplating driving to Staples or making use of free delivery and 6% cashback via TopCashback!

I was speaking to Ray about 'needing a printer' via email at work and he said about the one you bought, remembered scrolling over it and then gewgled it and decided that I'll have one.

It seems very nice, wireless sync is fast at 150Mbps and the WPS link up was easy. The web interface is nice and shows you signal info as well as remaining ink info.

Speaking of inks, as is usually the case for inkjet printers, the Canon branded inks come to £52~ for a whole set or much much less for unbranded inks. Need to decide what 3rd party supplier to use for the latter otherwise I'm better off just buying a new printer every time the inks run out at that kind of price. Only used for disc printing so it should last a very long time.

I've always liked Canon printers. Ink wise...I'd say see how you go, benefit of the multiple tanks is that others will run out quicker than some so you can replace just what you need...plus I love the fact it uses the double sized black ink tank for photos saving the normal for text, very simple yet clever idea.

Only thing to look out for with compatible tanks is to make sure they are microchipped for ink level readings etc for the printer, otherwise they are much the same :)

Soldato
Yep, it's a brilliant keyboard. Only downside I've found is that it's a bit of a dust-magnet. I have to clean it every day!

I'm one of the rare people that don't mind dust magnets when it comes to glossy black. My kitchen cupboards are gloss black, my new kettle is gloss black and my keyboard is the gloss black Razer Lycosa. :D

Caporegime
FYI about the printer, I have the IP4200, purchased in 2006. I think it uses the same ink sets (it has the same spec – 9600dpi) and for 7 years I have only used Canon inks and like you, I don't print much except CDs and contracts. So a set of ink lasts a LONG time, and it can go a while before it's used again, so much so it is not plugged in. I only get it out when needed. Consider that, it has never clogged up once since 2006, I would continue to stick with Canon inks and not risk 3rd party.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's £15 for the high capacity Canon inks too so if I just need a colour replacing then that's not bad at all or £10 for a standard size one.

Looking around, non Canon inks are around £6 each. I don't know how long non Canon ones will last though if not used for a while but from experience at work with non branded inks and toners (we used IJT at my old workplace), printers tended to need yearly servicing because of clogged bits and new fuser units for the colour lasers.

7dayshop looks good but I think with what Ray said above in mind, it's more logical to just get an ink when needed at £10-£15.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I'm one of the rare people that don't mind dust magnets when it comes to glossy black. My kitchen cupboards are gloss black, my new kettle is gloss black and my keyboard is the gloss black Razer Lycosa. :D

Tried to take a photo of my desk at the moment for you but too much light is bleeding through the blinds on the left, so instead, here's a couple before I changed the mousemat. I think the QcK+ has made a world of difference though! :p

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/in_the_nix/computer/20130512_182748.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/in_the_nix/computer/20130512_183059.jpg

Associate
The new Kindle Paperwhite. Paid a little bit extra to get it on the day of release, which just happens to be today.

co9wXIN.jpg

Soldato
Tried to take a photo of my desk at the moment for you but too much light is bleeding through the blinds on the left, so instead, here's a couple before I changed the mousemat. I think the QcK+ has made a world of difference though! :p

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/in_the_nix/computer/20130512_182748.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/in_the_nix/computer/20130512_183059.jpg

Very nice. Is yours with MXcherry blue clicky keys? That would be my choice. I can't quite see from your pics, but does yours have the blue painted media keys like this? http://www.daskeyboard.com/product/model-s-professional/

The key text fonts are so clean and tastefully done. I've got an old mini steelseries QcK, excellent mats!

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Very nice. Is yours with MXcherry blue clicky keys? That would be my choice. I can't quite see from your pics, but does yours have the blue painted media keys like this? http://www.daskeyboard.com/product/model-s-professional/

The key text fonts are so clean and tastefully done. I've got an old mini steelseries QcK, excellent mats!

Cherry Browns and yes, they're blue. :)

I'll try and get a better photo up later tonight for you. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom