Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Hey, you got the same amp as me ! :D

One thing to "warn" you.

There is an update for the amp when you turn it on, it takes about 20mins to 30mins or so, so don't be alarmed about the length it takes, it also reboots itself a couple of times.

Damn, even AV Amps are internet connected now then?
I'm getting left behind! :p

Caporegime
Damn, even AV Amps are internet connected now then?
I'm getting left behind! :p

Yup, it can see my NAS on the network directly. Plus music from it, or I can airplay it from my phone. The spec on this thing is off the chart, you get a LOT for your money these days with a receiver.

I've also connected it up with my Harmony remote. So 1 remote now controls my amp, sky, Apple TV, Roku. Which means I can listen to music, watch TV, watch movies, netflix and whatnot with 1 remote as well.

1 button and it turns everything off at the end too.

Last edited:
Associate
Was that with a voucher or something?
Also, where was the unlock done, tescos themselves?
Might consider one for my mum too, trying to get her to have a smartphone!

There was a £10 off voucher code for new customers but that seems to have expired now. Still, £99 for this phone is an absolute steal.

The unlock code was bought from an ebay seller. Search for 'Moto G unlock code' on ebay and you'll see a listing for £2.03 (mnz.technologies.ltd).

Soldato
Yup, it can see my NAS on the network directly. Plus music from it, or I can airplay it from my phone. The spec on this thing is off the chart, you get a LOT for your money these days with a receiver.

I've also connected it up with my Harmony remote. So 1 remote now controls my amp, sky, Apple TV, Roku. Which means I can listen to music, watch TV, watch movies, netflix and whatnot with 1 remote as well.

1 button and it turns everything off at the end too.

Absolutely, the harmony one remote is a brilliant piece of kit. I wouldn't want to be without mine. Just takes a while to get everything set up 'just right'.

Also, I find mine takes quite a long time 'updating the remote'

Now i need to look at a new AV Amp as my old Sony (10+ years old) has decided the center channel no longer wants to function.

Soldato
Out of interest how much did it cost? Replacement aerials? Presumably the old ones were fubar?

£190 plus the VAT. The TV aerial has been replaced with a huge one in the loft as a Freeview/YouView backup for Sky really. The radio aerial was never used and the big dish was an attempt to get some German channels for my sons German GF. The dish, pole and motor unit are now ready for re-use or sale.

In setting the dish up I fell off a shed roof and broke my back so never finished it. I would have done the removal myself but wife and kids said no! I wonder why. The kids intend to move to their own house soon so I have no need for the extra satellite dish.

In high winds something used to clank around so I decided it was safer to get rid of everything up there.

Andi.

Associate
The Sony MDR-7506 (sometimes known as MDR-V6). Recording studios like them because they are flat in the response and very accurate. They are closed. They are also very well priced at around £50.

Wow, that price:eek: I imported a pair of 7506 round about 1998, and I paid £120-ish back then after the dollar exchange rate, they were few and far between in the UK and we're even more pricey.

I used them for studio production work and I dj-'d with them up until new year 2010' when they were nicked from the dj booth. Great cans though!

Soldato
Got it from ebay, there's loads of sellers and it comes in quite a few colours. And yeah it's on one single 100x60cm vinyl transfer sheet so very easy to apply to a wall.

Does it come rolled up in a tube?

Looks like a pretty cool gift for a traveller type; can stick pictures/memorabilia to it or something.

Associate
Is that an instore deal only or something?

You can usually order them online (with free delivery) from Tesco Direct. Unfortunately, they're all out of stock right now. It was bound to happen when you have a highly regarded phone at a daft price. I'm sure they'll get some more in soon though.

Soldato

Sounds pretty cool. What model is it? I can't quite see it from the picture.

Also just one quick question - you mention it's able to see your NAS, can it see standard SMB file shares or is it only with DLNA etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom