Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I treated myself to the top of the range stainless steel Panasonic breadmaker with raisin and nut dispenser.

Got my first loaf in now. As silly as it may sound, I really hope it lets off that lovely smell when baking the bread.

20131231_195703_zpsa8e89de2.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
tell me more! that looks great, whats the model?

This one :)
Does a great job and also comes with the jug and internals to become a juicer. I need to do juicer/smoothie shopping at the weekend with a basketful of ingredients to work with. This is in an effort to move away from soda drinks and have only smoothies when thirsty and because there's a loud machine involved :cool:

So would these be a better option than something like the DT770 for gaming and music?

I'm so confused now.

Weren't the 770s around the £120 mark? If you don't mind spending £40 odd more then certainly yes.

Flat/monitoring headphones are rarely particularly 'enjoyable' :p

Depends on the amp powering them :p My NAD amp is warm sounding and wide so reference headphones have a bit more life. The X1s sound superb especially when watching movies or gaming (just had a 2 hour session).

Good choice, I've been really impressed by Philips higher end audio stuff since I worked in Richer Sounds years ago. They did a set (2.0/amp/CD) for £400 that destroyed Denons that cost twice as much.

Even picked up a pair of their cheaper 'phones, Shibuyas for £15 to use on the PS4 when I get one,

I never even knew they made proper headphones until 245 hours ago :p

I see they even come with "Self-adjustable hammock", which seems like a good complementary pairing :D

Everyone needs self adjusting hammocks from time to time!

I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....I do not need new headphones.....

The amount you'd get by selling those unused ones you could probably buy another 2 at the current prices. Get in quick before Amazon raises the price to closer RRP :p

Last edited:

TS7

TS7

Soldato
What's the difference between closed and open back headphones?

I'm looking at getting a pair of Sony MDR-V55 - number of good reviews and they look comfortable.

But the Sennheiser HD419 - look pretty good too. I had a pair of HD202s which I was happy with before I broke them. Looking for a bit of an upgrade now.

edit: apologies as this isn't probably the correct place for me to ask this - however while the topic is on headphones, I'll take my opportunity to ask :p

Man of Honour
What's the difference between closed and open back headphones?

I'm looking at getting a pair of Sony MDR-V55 - number of good reviews and they look comfortable.

But the Sennheiser HD419 - look pretty good too. I had a pair of HD202s which I was happy with before I broke them. Looking for a bit of an upgrade now.

edit: apologies as this isn't probably the correct place for me to ask this - however while the topic is on headphones, I'll take my opportunity to ask :p
http://www.forbes.com/sites/geoffreymorrison/2013/11/02/open-back-vs-closed-back-headphones/

Soldato
Edit: Sorry :(
Needed a tv for blu-rays and a bit of light pc gaming, seems like it'll do the job.

Edit: And sorry again :(
Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II for my pc.

And a few Blu rays
Edit: And again and again and again :(
All presents for me, from me :D;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom