Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I don't mind people buying things, I really do not.

The thing I do mind is that when people spend money on things that just do not seem worth it. I have wasted my fair share of cash, and made plenty of mistakes. I just think sometimes we all read a bit too much into things and think 'oh yah brill!!!!' and go and make a purchase of something that is really not going to make much difference to your life at all.

I should just stay out of this thread, sorry chaps :(

I'd like to see an example of what you're talking about?

Soldato

The thing I do mind is that when people spend money on things that just do not seem worth it. I have wasted my fair share of cash, and made plenty of mistakes. I just think sometimes we all read a bit too much into things and think 'oh yah brill!!!!' and go and make a purchase of something that is really not going to make much difference to your life at all.

It's all worth it to me what i buy, if someone thinks i have wasted money buying Acoustic foam, which does make lot of difference when you produce music.

Associate
An example, of what? Something I have purchased and got wrong? Or that I don't think will make a huge change in somebodies life?

Well the foam (no offence Spook)... what is foam going to do? Would you really notice it in real life? The difference!?

Other little things here and there that just bring out the worst of me, perhaps it is jealousy? I do not know, I just see some things and think why would people buy that?

I think there is a lot of awesome purchases in these threads as well, but it would take me ages to post a positive comment after each one, where as I pop in from time to time, skim through the past 3-5 pages and check up to see if there is anything awesome I should be looking at picking up.

Sometimes I see some great stuff and get it myself, other times I see things and I just wonder to myself what in the blue hell difference is that going to make to your day to day life? The money could be better spent elsewhere, instead of buying some pointless digital equalising display module for your sound system, spend a bit extra on your food and support your local butcher, baker & battered cod maker ;)

edit - Ok Spooky, if that makes a difference that you notice when producing, then fine, it has a point, you have raised it & I accept it. Love you ;) xxx

I just think there are some things in the thread every month that deserve a huge face palm & I am sure other forum members feel the same. That is why this is such a marmite thread.

Last edited:
Soldato

How are you able to afford an internet connection when all your money goes to charity?

Associate
I put nothing to charity, then again I have little to no money due to unemployment due to mental illness. Probably bought on by this thread!!!

JOKING JOKING calm down. But yeah, I have no money atm due to the above reason, but as I mentioned before, I have made my fair share of dumb buys.

And I only mentioned perhaps subscribing to a charity where some of the purchases do seem almost points. ALMOST.

Soldato
Well the foam (no offence Spook)... what is foam going to do? Would you really notice it in real life? The difference!?

I'm not offended, my reason for purchase was i have a lot of hard surfaces/walls in my place, i'm trying to soften bits that i can stop stop the bright and booming sound of music when it's flying around the room, trust me when your using monitors you need the music to sound right in the final mix.

Associate
You seem a nice chap Spook, buy all the foam you want, you have my permission.

Didn't someone in here purchase some 'wrist weights'? .... Possibly the silliest purchase of anything ever? Especially for a forum populated with mainly 18-25 year old males? Did he want the wrists of superman or something for increased fap grip?

Soldato
Didn't someone in here purchase some 'wrist weights'? .... Possibly the silliest purchase of anything ever? Especially for a forum populated with mainly 18-25 year old males? Did he want the wrists of superman or something for increased fap grip?

I found a great use for them, to give slight increases in weight when doing standing dumbbell presses. Especially when the dumbbells available only went up in 5kg jumps. Which meant constant progress and increases were hampered.

Associate
I found a great use for them, to give slight increases in weight when doing standing dumbbell presses. Especially when the dumbbells available only went up in 5kg jumps. Which meant constant progress and increases were hampered.

Ok, well how about this as an alternative?

Begin an amateur boxing career, manage to get a lucky break where you face an african-american boxer, who you later become friends with. Then when a Russian boxer comes across the pond to fight your friend, something tragic happens to you, which leads you to then get a plane ticket to Russia, and begin weight training in an old barn, by lifting up an old cart full of your friends & family?

Soldato
Bitching about someone else's purchase in a moany fashion is annoying and pointless. Firstly it's their money they worked for it they can spend it as they wish.. Foam, cardboard and big fat dog doodoo whatever they feel like. Secondly why moan about someone else's purchase even if you believe it's the worth purchase ever.. They are hardly going to take you serious and think you're just trolling them... which in essence you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom