Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
True enough. But there's certainly still a lack of new cars without built in navigation, including and especially the lower spec hatchbacks.

*looks at my Clio*

A nice upgrade from the GO300

20130724_124224_HDR.jpg

What's the recommended alternative? Garmin? Or phone apps?

I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT today, will post pics when it arrives!! :)

Will go nice in my New car!, that I hope to collect next week!! (it's on a ship on it's way over from Prague!) - Didn't want to fork out £300+ on a built in 5" Sat-Nav/Bluetooth when £100 for a 'pocketable' one will do me nicely!! :D

Last edited:
I just thought most modern cars have navigation and for when they dont, you just use a phone.

I am sure the tomtom's these days are excellent, i'd just not seen a new one in years :)

Had my Go 300 for like 6-7 years, been really good, only had one crash in that time, but it's starting to switch itself off now, giving up on me, so time for new one, the android free Maps is ok i guess but i cant hear the thing and i wanted live. :)

I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT today, will post pics when it arrives!! :)

Will go nice in my New car!, that I hope to collect next week!! (it's on a ship on it's way over from Prague!) - Didn't want to fork out £300+ on a built in 5" Sat-Nav/Bluetooth when £100 for a 'pocketable' one will do me nicely!! :D

This has always been an argument on mine, you can really spend some silly money on in built sat nav systems.

My Juke in 2011 had an in built one and Nissan wanted a stupid amount of money to update it. No thanks!

This has always been an argument on mine, you can really spend some silly money on in built sat nav systems.

My Juke in 2011 had an in built one and Nissan wanted a stupid amount of money to update it. No thanks!

Yeah the maps DVDs do seem pretty extortionate tbh. A TomTom esp with recent/current promotions like free lifetime map updates is a lot better value. Also the TomTom live traffic feature is very useful indeed, I don't know if in car units have this.

can't take a pic because I don't own a camera or camera phone but I'm delighted to have received a 72 pencil set of Derwent colour Artists pencils this morning from Amazon for the bargain price of £52.

Still awaiting sketch pads. but hey I'm happy anyway.

YA TomTom esp with recent/current promotions like free lifetime map updates is a lot better value. Also the TomTom live traffic feature is very useful indeed.

Yeah the Garmin has 'Lifetime Maps' and a TMC-FM thinngy for 'Lifetime Traffic' all bundled in (don't have to connect it to my Phone for Traffic!!)

the 'Lifetime' on the Maps does mean the lifetime of the unit, not the person using it though!! :D if you forget to update the maps in a 24 month period, it becomes 'dead' and have to pay about £80 to subscribe again!

One for the Vegies

is0m.jpg

d8qp.jpg

da0w.jpg

Bavette :: 1kg X 1
Short ribs :: 2kg x 1
Bone-in Brisket :: 2kg x 1
Pork Butt :: 2.5kg x1
Pork Loin Ribs :: 2 x 600g x2
60 Day Bone-in Sirloin :: 2 x 400g x1
Ross Chicken Oyster Legs :: 4 x 300g Boned x2
Ground beef :: 2kg x1

Last edited:
ha, only downside is that i am not sure where i could mount something as big as an ipad even in my range rover :p

I bought a windscreen mount and fitted it in the bottom left hand corner. Didn't block any windscreen vision and was so bloody big it only took a quick glance, it was great.

Got a photo knocking around somewhere of it fitted in the Focus I was using.

377396_10150996926135261_1305673306_n.jpg

That was on the first go, but afterwards it was always lower, the only thing it blocked was easy access to the glove box :) - Brilliant mount for £22. - I kept it for when I get an iPad again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom