Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Interface for controlling a communications receiver by pc.

am1f.jpg

Man of Honour
Already looking at challenges for next year and this popped up. Not huge amount of info on the site so decided to get the book to get a better understanding off it.

x65d.jpg

Soldato
Finally received them from the states:

WP_20140303_002_zps49bdae02.jpg

Markiplier, Wade & Bob shirts from Markiplier's 12hr farewell charity livestream (Damn that was a long night). Over $80k raised in total for Childsplay.

Really happy with the quality and they fit is decent.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
pc_i7-3770K.jpg

i7 3770K upgrade from an i5 2500K for Lightroom use.

The max 24/7 stable clock the i5 would reach on my board with this RAM configuration was 4.5GHz and at the same clock on the i7 the running temps are near as much exactly the same. By the looks of it I can get 4.8 out of this so will bump it up shortly but for comparison purposes at the same clocks the i7 is doing its job:

CPU_upgrade_test.jpg

The i5 was choked up throughout and that was why I was seeing mouse stutter every few seconds on large full resolution exports. The decrease of just over 30 seconds is a bonus as the mouse stutter is now gone. The extra HT cores were definitely worth the £100 upgrade.

For gaming only though the i5 is perfect and offers the best bang for buck. There's no need for an i7 for gaming. Pair it with a good GPU and you're laughing.

Now for 4.8GHz...

Man of Honour
Final pieces of camping gear are coming through.
New ultrahigh rucksack(Gossamer G4) and thermarest ProLite 2012 sleeping mat, which also doubles as the back padding in the rucksack, saving weight. Just waiting for ration packs and DSLR to come and need to go pick up a gas canister or two. Then I can see if it all fits into bag and how much it weighs(hopefully under 20lbs excluding water, but dslr is so heavy).

hqw1.jpg

j83b.jpg

0vgb.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Or do you mean origin is a lieing POS that almost never gives an accurate download speed estimate.

If you were getting 30mb/s you must have +240meg connection at your property?

Caporegime
pc_i7-3770K.jpg

i7 3770K upgrade from an i5 2500K for Lightroom use.

The max 24/7 stable clock the i5 would reach on my board with this RAM configuration was 4.5GHz and at the same clock on the i7 the running temps are near as much exactly the same. By the looks of it I can get 4.8 out of this so will bump it up shortly but for comparison purposes at the same clocks the i7 is doing its job:

The i5 was choked up throughout and that was why I was seeing mouse stutter every few seconds on large full resolution exports. The decrease of just over 30 seconds is a bonus as the mouse stutter is now gone. The extra HT cores were definitely worth the £100 upgrade.

For gaming only though the i5 is perfect and offers the best bang for buck. There's no need for an i7 for gaming. Pair it with a good GPU and you're laughing.

Now for 4.8GHz...

That's why I went i7 when i bought my computer, people say you can't tell the difference from an i5 but eventually software will catch up and i will need it.

Soldato
Far too much capitalist rubbish in this thread. To redress ze balance, I have purchased Mother Russia's finest bolt-action rifle!

B6PZS88.jpg
tuZ34OG.jpg
RguYpQn.jpg
10YAsRt.jpg
mUXK9A3.jpg

This is a 1936 dated M1891/30 Mosin Nagant. It is not a refurb, and has been well-used so I'd bet it was used in anger. Having looked at these things via various media throughout my life, but never having handled one until now, the big thing that immediately strikes you is how blooming massive they are. And heavy.

Fully deactivated and UK legal.

Sorry about the snaps: awful iPhone and dark here.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That's why I went i7 when i bought my computer, people say you can't tell the difference from an i5 but eventually software will catch up and i will need it.

The thing is getting the top tier way back then means once the software does catch up that cpu will be superseded by at least another generation.

I got the 2500K i5 when it first came out and the i7 equivalent was something like £300. Look at how many i7 chips have come out since then!

At least now I have the last top 1155 socket CPU that my board will take. Gotta run it into the ground :)

Associate
Far too much capitalist rubbish in this thread. To redress ze balance, I have purchased Mother Russia's finest bolt-action rifle!

This is a 1936 dated M1891/30 Mosin Nagant. It is not a refurb, and has been well-used so I'd bet it was used in anger. Having looked at these things via various media throughout my life, but never having handled one until now, the big thing that immediately strikes you is how blooming massive they are. And heavy.

Fully deactivated and UK legal.

Sorry about the snaps: awful iPhone and dark here.

wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom