Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those screenshot show calories used just keeping alive.

Google fit records how much you use just sitting around.

Probably only the blue part was the walk.

How on earth does work out how many calories you burn up just sitting there breathing?

And it wont be much anyway.

How on earth does work out how many calories you burn up just sitting there breathing?

And it wont be much anyway.

Must be a minimum of say 1500 for an adult male.

It knows gender, height, and weight so I think it can take a good guess.

Breathing, keep warm, pumping blood, digesting food, using your brain all consume calories.

Must be a minimum of say 1500 for an adult male.

It knows gender, height, and weight so I think it can take a good guess.

Breathing, keep warm, pumping blood, digesting food, using your brain all consume calories.

Yeah it does all add up just been alive i know but i still question Mrk's app that his 5 mile is using up 1500 calories in a 5 mile walk plus hes then using up 1500 calories in the rest of the day so he needs a 3,000 calorie a day intake.

I would imagine he will start and put weight on quite quickly.

Yeah it does all add up just been alive i know but i still question Mrk's app that his 5 mile is using up 1500 calories in a 5 mile walk plus hes then using up 1500 calories in the rest of the day so he needs a 3,000 calorie a day intake.

I would imagine he will start and put weight on quite quickly.

I think only the blue part is the walk. Yellow is just general inactive calories.

Well up until now I've never put on weight as I've always burnt off excess energy through the day, so no excess fat. I just didn't know the numbers until now as I've started to log everything. It does seem accurate and makes sense.

Google Fit is not known to be inaccurate anyway :p

Hell, cals are burnt just sleeping.

With 3000 good cals consumed a day I will certainly be gaining mass to work with soon.

It does depend. Remember you need basic calories just to stay alive and just maintain your weight. My basal metabolic rate excluding exercise, based on my body composition is around 2,300 cals. Add movement and exercise and to maintain my weight I need well over 3000 cals. Then there is the thermic effect of eating and thermic effect of activity to take into consideration. I eat around 3800-4000 cals a day at the moment. :)

That said, burning 1,500 cals for a 5 mile walk doesn't sound right at all!

Stop talking about walking... you made me walk hours yesterday! Git.

I think only the blue part is the walk. Yellow is just general inactive calories.

Im lost then. Mark claimed his walk was 1500 calories and then he used another 1500 during the day so hence why he was having to supplement his intake up to 3,000 calories.

And if that app pic is his whole day then thats probably about right at 1500-1600 colories.

I thought that was his proof that his walk was 1500 calories.

New headphones to replace Sennheiser HD201 which are the only headphones I've ever found comfortable. But they had a stupid 3m lead and left can kept cutting out.

Hopefully these will be a good upgrade and comfortable.

efgtjs.jpg

Im lost then. Mark claimed his walk was 1500 calories and then he used another 1500 during the day so hence why he was having to supplement his intake up to 3,000 calories.

And if that app pic is his whole day then thats probably about right at 1500-1600 colories.

I thought that was his proof that his walk was 1500 calories.

Could just read what he says
~1500 calories burnt a day, not 3000, not quite sure where you got that from.

Screenshot_2015-09-18-00-59-41.jpg

Bought these little guys, just to have something under my monitor that looks nice, its very bland atm.

Just over £3 for all 8 (yes they are fakes but they look good)
5kkgo9.jpg

Could just read what he says

But before he posted that he said "I burn 1500 calories doing my 5 mile walk to work and another 1500 calories during the rest of the day" :confused:

I need to consume a lot of additional protein so this will help. To get on track I also need to consume 3000 cals a day to account for the minimum 1500 cals burnt just walking to and from work.

It now would appear that his total for the day is 1500 calories, not just his walk to work.

Last edited:
Generally best idea to go with the newer post where they're clarifying what they mean.

Which he finally now has clarified. But all he put up after that was his pic from his app showing 1500 calories when everybody question his walk was using up 1500 claories. That didnt clarify anything :P

Still hes going to bulk up pretty fast if he plans on doubling his current calories used per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom