Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
21416755468_26803479f7_o.jpg

For one child? Good heavens!

Not enough :D

Caporegime
I don't think I've ever posted in this thread but that is a gratuitous amount of presents imo. The fact that you've laid it all out like that etc and felt the need to take a photo and post here is even worse.

It sets a terrible precedent for future birthdays and a general appreciation of physical stuff.

YJDjoJ6.gif

V F

V F

Soldato
Some cheap pictures for the son's new bedroom and a Storage box/seat.

11kjn9j.jpg

and a book for me to reminisce about being his age :(

k0stqo.jpg

It's my sons 4th Birthday tomorrow and today we got his presents

All of the new Thunderbirds toys
Hot Wheels track set and cars
Chuggington trains
A remote Switch & Go Dinosaur

21416755468_26803479f7_o.jpg

Heaven for a four year old.

No no, half is for SDK too :D

Lol!, mrk. :D At first I was starting to think and realise this is a good reason for children. Push them out the way and play with their toys. Mommy, Daddy is being a meanie! :D :D

I don't believe some of the people on here. Man buys his child more birthday presents than usual and is pilloried for it. The way he treats his children is nothing to do with you.

Personally I think it is bloody awesome of him! This is like great childhood memories in the making of the 80s, 90s and early 00s. Before every child wanted smartphones and iPads. As well as the next revision.

Bit rich coming from the bloke with two home cinemas.

Heh! You can spot the ones who had not so good childhoods.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with buying toys for your kids, but this just makes me think of Dudley from Harry Potter where he had 36 presents one year, and subsequently needed 37+ the next year!

I would have been chuffed to get even 2 of those toys, IMO that is overload. Not commenting on parenting methods or who turns out like what, but just that one or two toys at a time is surely enough.

Caporegime
... because having a home cinema and a recording studio in your house is that much better? You're still going to be spending thousands of pounds in the end.

I think that it's great that you can afford those luxuries but it isn't polite to do that and then criticise a guy for wanting to spend maybe £50 on gifts for his son's fourth birthday.

Maybe £50????

The Thunderbirds stuff is probably the best part of £200 on it's own, never mind the rest of it :p

(note - i'm not having a go at SDK, just surprised me someone looked at all that and thought it would only be £50 worth!)

Soldato
I don't think I've ever posted in this thread but that is a gratuitous amount of presents imo. The fact that you've laid it all out like that etc and felt the need to take a photo and post here is even worse.

It sets a terrible precedent for future birthdays and a general appreciation of physical stuff.

you do realise the photo posted here is for the "images of items i have purchased" thread? its not like he started a new thread saying look at all the stuff i got my child :rolleyes:

this thread has gone a bit off the rails, so many kids (yes, even 4 year olds) get a tablet for birthdays and a lot of those are ipads, very few people would complain at this as its a single gift, some would complain that its only a single present but would be double the cost of what was posted.

how many of those that did post negative comments have kids? see their kids? support their kids?

including this post can a mod please clean this up as its gone a bit overboard as someone loves their child!

Why did no one mention the horrid bright blue sofa in all the insults either :p;)

Suspended
So how many toys is the right amount of toys and how much should a parent spend on their kids?

It's surely not about monetary value? If you have to buy a child loads of toys to keep them entertained, then you really need to find other ways to entertain them!
Likewise at young ages like that toys should also be for mental stimulation and thus growth.
My nephew is spoiled rotten by my family - know what his favourite toys are and will keep him entertained for hours? Puzzles. He freakin loves them and they're cheap as anything. A single puzzle that costs say £2 will be something that he plays with over and over and over again.
It's all about what keeps them happy and also develops their minds and skills.

Tea Drinker
Don
We buy ours one reasonably high value item each for birthday and Christmas, last year they got a bike each and then a kindle for each of their birthdays. The relatives and friends end up buying them 10's of plastic junk that's more or less binned in six months.

Most kids stuff is a waste of money, is not worth a fraction of what you pay for it the day after it's opened and hardly used.

The most value our kids have got out of anything has been their scooters, my daughters scooter was worn through by the time my son was old enough for one so I tarted it up changed the colour and gave it to him and bought my daughter a new one with less wheels. Ditto their bikes, hers is well used and he's just starting to use his more.

All the plastic junk is stacked gathering dust ready to be slung in the landfill, which is criminal really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom