Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
When you saying it was a private viewing, was that through being a member and a normal benefit of that rather than being a super VIP thing?

It's a Times Plus member benefit but you do have to pay for these ones. We got breakfast, a talk from the exhibition curator then a viewing of the exhibition before the public was let in.

Soldato
Why did they tell you off for photography? I was told off for photographing a suit of armour in Rufford Old Hall once - the lady said it could affect the integrity of the steel...bizarre person!

Soldato
It's the flash that does the damage. People 'forget' that their flash is on when exhibits just ban flash photography so it's easy to ban all photography.

Commissario
It's the flash that does the damage. People 'forget' that their flash is on when exhibits just ban flash photography so it's easy to ban all photography.

Aye, mainly on things like pigments in paints, which is one of the reasons a lot of places have muted lighting, or very carefully chosen lighting (to prevent fading, or cut out any UV etc).

Soldato
Lots of diesel and a new car (my 1st motor) off a family member '10 plate Suzuki sx 4 1.6 diesel.

(also might be able to see phone holder in the front...

IMG_20151018_131935_zpsu8yv3loy.jpg

IMG_20151018_132004_zpswrf3dbhf.jpg

Associate
Ea3O7q6.png

By far the most expensive item I now own (excluding my computer which was purchased on a part by part basis). Quite an upgrade from the iPhone 5C. Just waiting on a few accessories to arrive over the next few days.

iPhone 6s Plus scores 4394 in geekbench, iPhone 5c scores 1269.

Not sure what to make of it so far but I also purchased Amazon Prime. The next day delivery on all orders is nice and Amazon Instant Video/Music can replace Netflix/Spotify.

Associate
^ It's not next day delivery on all items though, and some you'll find you're paying extra for the service.

I don't think I've come across an item that I have bought so far that hasn't had the option of prime delivery as they are either from Amazon themselves or if its a third-party seller it's fulfilled by Amazon. That makes the prime delivery worth it in my opinion.

Caporegime
I don't think I've come across an item that I have bought so far that hasn't had the option of prime delivery as they are either from Amazon themselves or if its a third-party seller it's fulfilled by Amazon. That makes the prime delivery worth it in my opinion.

Ive never understood this. Prime is what £75 per year? I just dont buy enough stuff from amazon to warrant that.

Don;t egt me wrong, i buy tonnes of stuff but amazon even with free delivery isnt always the cheapest.

And the adverts for Prime do my head in "Ive saved a £1000" really? You must buy something from amazon everyday :rolleyes:

Associate
Ive never understood this. Prime is what £75 per year? I just dont buy enough stuff from amazon to warrant that.

Don;t egt me wrong, i buy tonnes of stuff but amazon even with free delivery isnt always the cheapest.

And the adverts for Prime do my head in "Ive saved a £1000" really? You must buy something from amazon everyday :rolleyes:

I've never seen any of those adverts but I do think it will save me some money in the long term. Netflix and Spotify currently cost me £191.76/year so I will be saving £112.76. That doesn't include any of the savings from deliveries as a lot of my orders haven't qualified for free postage in the past and I like to get my packages ASAP.

Sure Amazon isn't the cheapest on all things but neither is OcUK but it's still the place I buy all of my computer components from for the same reason, excellent service.

Soldato
Not sure what to make of it so far but I also purchased Amazon Prime. The next day delivery on all orders is nice and Amazon Instant Video/Music can replace Netflix/Spotify.

The best way to use Prime deliveries is to choose the £1 digital credit for NOT using next day delivery and split the order if there are several Prime items.
I usually get around £5 credit each month.
Although it says mp3 credit it can be used for movies and ebooks as well.
Bookmark the link that shows how much credit you have because it's very hard to find it through the Amazon website.

Commissario

s:

You only need to make about 15 "urgent" orders a year for it to break even.

Less if you take on Prime then deliberately select the "no rush" for normal items you order that you don't need in a hurry, as you get a pound credit for digital purchases (I've ended up getting about 6 new release ebooks this year free with that).

Permabanned
I've never seen any of those adverts but I do think it will save me some money in the long term. Netflix and Spotify currently cost me £191.76/year so I will be saving £112.76. That doesn't include any of the savings from deliveries as a lot of my orders haven't qualified for free postage in the past and I like to get my packages ASAP.

Sure Amazon isn't the cheapest on all things but neither is OcUK but it's still the place I buy all of my computer components from for the same reason, excellent service.

but the amazon music is rubbish compared to spotify and apple music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom