Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I desperately need someone to talk me out of buying a pair of KEF Q900 speakers.
My house doesn't need any more structural problems... :p

I love mine... best speakers I've owned :)

Ok, buy some PMC speakers, much better. :p

That's subjective... I prefer Kef clarity.

Depends on amp/speaker combo though.

Warm amp = get Kef
Bright amp = get PMC / B&W

Permabanned
I have an Onkyo and Kef Q700s and I think they're a bit lackluster to be honest. Wish I'd stuck to my guns and got the monitor audio RX6s or some B&Ws

It's the balance, I don't think they work well with a bright amp like an Onkyo. B&Ws would be better with that amp... I've been bordering on picking up some CM10s myself... or Denon/Marantz/Yamaha with those speakers.

My Marantz works quite well with them, but doesn't compare to the valve amp.

Pop round to mine some time and see what the Q900s are like with a warm amp :p ;)

Permabanned
Ha done! Did you end up getting that house you sent? It looked amazing value!

We were about to and the day we were going to sign the contract, I found out about a change in my working contract that will require me to be in the office 5 days a week (instead of 1 day a week).

Decided 15 hours per week in a car just commuting was not worth it, so we're back looking at apartments in Switzerland again. Found a couple of nice ones so far, but nothing that has really jumped out... it's going to be a bit of a shock to the system to go back into an apartment again... but we're looking in the 100-120m^2 area, so it won't be too bad.

Change in contract is to a Swiss one direct (where I've been working for UK company) and the tax hike would be gigantic if staying in France also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom