Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It just seems stupid, given he probably has reasonable broadband. Why store everything he might ever want to watch - eg. if you've seen all of Breaking Bad recently, you can safely delete that dodgy copy and then use dodgy means to redownload it again in five years rather than having it, and every other TV show, sat on various NAS devices which cost £££. Just have one NAS, then spend the money saved on subs to the streaming services... then any gaps can be filled by stuff on the NAS, if you're so inclined/can't wait for stuff to be on streaming services.

Did you miss the part where it's being used to store work also?

Caporegime
It just seems stupid, given he probably has reasonable broadband. Why store everything he might ever want to watch - eg. if you've seen all of Breaking Bad recently, you can safely delete that dodgy copy and then use dodgy means to redownload it again in five years rather than having it, and every other TV show, sat on various NAS devices which cost £££. Just have one NAS, then spend the money saved on subs to the streaming services... then any gaps can be filled by stuff on the NAS, if you're so inclined/can't wait for stuff to be on streaming services.

You do realise he's a professional photographer and probably has terabytes of pictures over the years? And as said, if you only copy is in the cloud then you don't have a backup.

Soldato
You do realise he's a professional photographer and probably has terabytes of pictures over the years? And as said, if you only copy is in the cloud then you don't have a backup.

Step 1: Put all of your work on BitTorrent
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Save $$$ on NAS storage

:p

Caporegime
X8EUJsCl.jpg

Tado smart thermostat.

Bad so far:

- Couldn't use it straight away because it complained my 'installation instructions weren't ready'.
- Doesn't react straight away to changes in temp settings, takes five minutes or so for some reason. Might be related to its intelligence somehow / my noobishness.
- The Android app's a bit basic. Clear, but basic.

Good so far:

- Looks nice and minimalistic on the wall.
- House already feels a more consistent temperature.
- Very easy and clear setup (apart from the instructions not being ready thing).
- Excellent tech support line sorted out my problem in just a few minutes.
- Can change heating setting from my bed! My last stat was a mechanical dial type.
- Available on rental / trial basis, easy on the old cash flow.
- Doesn't normally require a heating technician to install.
- Geofencing based on GPS.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does it tie into the programmer or do you just leave the heating on 24/7 and reduce temp when out.

Can you turn the hot water on via the app? Get it ready for a bath before u get home :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom