Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Looks over at the simplicity of the Honeywell CM927

Plagued with screen issues, would prefer the simple on/off ones for 20 odd quid if your not fussed about programmer/ timer.

For someone looking to buy one long term, just makes sense to invest in a smart thermostat.

Associate
Have been looking at these, and was hoping it would just be a direct replacement for my Honeywell thermostat, but it would appear that there is a bit more to it, and that it is also necessary to wire in and connect a Heat Link 'box' directly to the boiler circuitry, which then has to be wired in to the new Nest thermostat, all of which sounds like a bit of a pain to me!

Can confirm you don't have to do this. Just the heat link needs to be wired direct to boiler (like any other thermostat). The actual nest can be used wirelessly with USB plug power either wall mounted / stand bought separately.

Soldato
generally the heat link just replaces the thermostat next to the boiler.

if you have a wired temperate control the nest replaces that bit, if you have wireless temperature control then the nest replaces that (but plugged in)

they generally are just straight replacements and cant be fitted to 90% of uk boilers these days.

my boiler is rather dated (discontinued in '97) and it will wire in fine to that.

which honeywell you got?

Can confirm you don't have to do this. Just the heat link needs to be wired direct to boiler (like any other thermostat). The actual nest can be used wirelessly with USB plug power either wall mounted / stand bought separately.

Thanks guys... the wall mounted thermostat I wish to replace is just a basic Honeywell T40, and the rads it controls all have individual thermostats. I had a quick look inside the T40 today, and it has a grey wire as well!

As it is already 'fed' from a three channel programmer, (combi boiler - hot water, underfloor and radiators) a 'smart' type of thermostat is probably a bit OTT.

All I really want is one which will display the current room temperature, with a visible indication of whether it is currently calling for heat, or not!

(I can see that a separate central heating thread is really needed here! )

Soldato
It is :D I just chose Mac.

(only through work though).

One of the few perks through work.

Yep, did the same the other week with the Windows version. Don't use Office at home too often these days but I was still using the copy of 2007 I bought at uni so it's nice to be up-to-date and for £10, why not?

Only annoyance is that you seemingly have to have all the applications installed, I don't really need Access or Outlook but they're there regardless.

Caporegime
Yep, did the same the other week with the Windows version. Don't use Office at home too often these days but I was still using the copy of 2007 I bought at uni so it's nice to be up-to-date and for £10, why not?

Only annoyance is that you seemingly have to have all the applications installed, I don't really need Access or Outlook but they're there regardless.

Cheers, you just reminded me to order mine, once back to work.

Yeah, full install is annoying :(

Soldato
Thanks guys... the wall mounted thermostat I wish to replace is just a basic Honeywell T40, and the rads it controls all have individual thermostats. I had a quick look inside the T40 today, and it has a grey wire as well!

As it is already 'fed' from a three channel programmer, (combi boiler - hot water, underfloor and radiators) a 'smart' type of thermostat is probably a bit OTT.

All I really want is one which will display the current room temperature, with a visible indication of whether it is currently calling for heat, or not!

(I can see that a separate central heating thread is really needed here! )

Home and Garden has a Nest section.

should be able to replace the T40 with a Nest pretty easily.

the grey wire i presume is call for heat.

Earth, Live, Neutral, Call for heat.

in regards to wiring a nest.

earth can be terminated in a block and left

Live goes to L on Nest
Neutral goes to N on Nest
Live also goes to Terminal 2 on Nest
Grey (call for heat) goes to Terminal 3 on Nest

Soldato
yYf615P6Ga0pdHx8rnzSgRMRk8-NkRm4Wp-8wC73ExwyWj3e4fbDLxittTW0XbrGF4UJMgM6plZjQowIGEL--s0ohONnOnK84yGSAK_eXMxMRnoJNN0D08YR_gd0YH-6w0pd93HAYsa6dKdVlUYb2rxZG0ydBwwWpsykknbs28OvR-k8BlvcEXrLxTltswLOhrdeGdGxsBjhpmypTqRo1ENvPWfNxzT9NlPaQa__ValqnAm9OTwoP1KalzZysC-P9lL4c6CrQBTsADzDF6oqV2B4SCWFLVUx2qNNx8ozMMkCBwoIiDgoh8G2sCsGrA2FLYZfMc8J_blUSRtaJ-5S-rAbLG8a20M_uBUOwmdOXvfU55nv8I-KdVcDspxdiUe-IsIBjANiLSAfIHL4cR8xiFuC0WWwEfmOaKW_SI_6B5Xr25NLP4q6LB8_xmLVjATjpiQgblilqoC5QmFT9ZxYNJLxly965PXU33cWpX0BRRyrd9j7XWkiinfahT_Inus4gVr-XOuS8v8do_tc_OXSKi3yNj7Qqq-I9N0ahi8YTZQ=w1733-h790-no

SanDisk Ultra Android 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card plus SD Adapter up to 80 MB/s, Class 10 FFP [Newest Version]

Not posted in this thread before but I thought where better!

Bought this memory card last week on offer for £34.99, Now I've bought plenty of memory cards in the past, many of them being SanDisk but I've never encounted such basic rubbish packaging as this! my obvious concern is.

Real or No Real?

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Hard to tell from the image you've provided. It could be just from a multi pack as these don't get the full packaging, i bought a couple of Samsung 64gb cards like this from a reputable seller on amazon. They have both been fine. I think the easiest way to tell is by seeing how much space you actually have on there. Ebay do have guides for spotting fakes too. What's the feedback from the seller like?

Caporegime
SanDisk Ultra Android 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card plus SD Adapter up to 80 MB/s, Class 10 FFP [Newest Version]

Not posted in this thread before but I thought where better!

Bought this memory card last week on offer for £34.99, Now I've bought plenty of memory cards in the past, many of them being SanDisk but I've never encounted such basic rubbish packaging as this! my obvious concern is.

Real or No Real?

Thoughts?

It's not rubbish packing, it is normal, because the card is self explanatory, you don't need any more packaging. In fact, after installing the card into my tom-tom (I bought a 32G version), I threw away the adaptor.

Mine looks exactly the same as yours. It is easy to open, minimal waste, perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom