Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The Speedmaster is a fantastic looking (and engineered) watch and well worth the money

[youube]wiLuWYnKkpY[/youtube]

[youube]Kp5oby6nzxA[/youtube]

I'm always reminded of this short BBC interview with George Daniels when it comes to watches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_XK2sR30Kw

I would love an Omega De Ville Tresor but I dislike that they are trying to say that it is their escapement.

Soldato
A Ferrari looks better, is built better and performs better than the Corsa.

Just like an expensive watch does over a cheaper one.

But the thing is an expensive watch isn't going to make you aware of what time it is any faster than a cheap watch, so the comparison with Ferraris is a bit silly. Ferraris are built for a purpose, and that purpose, believe it or not, is not to get you from A-B. The purpose of a Ferrari is to get you from 0-200+ in the shortest time possible, give you crazy amounts of downforce, high speed cornering ability, etc. In fact, nature of a Ferrari will never be realised on a public road. On a public road a Ferrari is merely a piece of bling.

If you're driving a Ferrari on public roads, it is almost always going to be for showoff purposes - 99% of people dreaming of driving a Ferrari are never going to have the skill to use a Ferrari for it's intended purpose nor its full potential. So again, the comparison is ridiculous.

In London I'd rather be nipping around in a corsa to be honest, unless I was the type to get a kick out of being the envy of random strangers.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't know about you, but the Ferraris I've been a passenger in on public roads have been driven exactly how they are meant to - and they're worth every goddamn penny! Not everyone lives in crappy London where you can't put your foot down.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour

Actually the reference model worn on the moon used a different movement versus the one that can be purchased these days. But still, the new one has also been certified to be worn in the vacuum of space - Just it has not been to the Moon. So technically when people say their Moon watch was worn on the Moon, they're wrong :p

The only thing technically in common with a £20 Casio is that they are both only 50m water resistant.... So don't get in the shower with it, or get close to a tap :p

Last edited:
Soldato
It's here (ASUS Zenbook UX305FA Signature Edition Ultrabook) and it's beautiful.

Untitled-1_zpsnfxmhqia.png

Untitled-2_zpsm7jzxvhy.png

Untitled-3_zpstjqedl0g.png

That looks really smart. Thinking of getting something similar.

Caporegime
that looks great.. i was undecided whether or not to get the collectors edition.
but it being over £100 put me off

Lots of detail, like the flare is translucent, the bow has fishing wire.

The other items like the pendant is a big naff, but the journal is great though, real leather cover and actually usable as a notebook so it will age well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom