****Images of Items or Services Purchased in November 2012****

Soldato
C5446FF2-9CE4-46DD-9BDD-3CBD708FB169-5227-000005C73CEF2F2C.jpg

Xsories Ushot

Also bought the GoPro tripod mount, so now I am just awaiting the delivery of the new GoPro Hero 3!

Man of Honour
Is that a follow up to praetorian?

Absolutely loved praetorian and I also bought under the eagle for my kindle. This author rocks.

Looks like a one-off. This is about a knight called Sir Thomas Barrett and is set during the siege of Malta in 1565. I got the hardback as the Kindle version was only 64p more. It came out two weeks ago.

Soldato
Nooo my plums aren't going through that gap anytime soon, and my junk'll still be nicely tucked up, at least until winter passes :D

Design is to allow more blood flow to the perineal area, and not to impinge arteries like other saddles can. Also designed to be more comfortable in the aero position.

Associate
As a pilot, I've always found the iPad a bit large and heavy to use in a cramped cockpit and I have always wanted a smaller iPad. When the iPad mini was released, it seemed to solve my problem, however the lack of retina display made me cautious.

Because of this, I did not pre order and waited until I could use one. Today, I finally had time free to go and check one out at my local Apple shop. After looking at the display for a mere few seconds, I knew I would not be leaving empty handed.

Granted, the screen is not as sharp as a retina display, but it looks a lot better then the iPad two display and is sharp enough for my needs.

So in the end, I picked up a white 32gb WiFi iPad Mini and a light grey Smart Cover. I am very happy with my purchase.

8167284478_8a003032f8_c.jpg

8167285244_a66b8fd1a8_c.jpg

Soldato
Is there a real, noticeable difference having Retina? I played around with an iPad 2 and 3 in the store before buying a 2 because I really, genuinely couldn't tell the difference. Even the Apple Hipster serving me said that there was no distinction.

Perhaps in different light levels it is more noticeable?

Soldato
I don't have an iPad 3, I do have an iPad 2 though and the screen does bother me, mostly when browsing the web. It's just not crystal clear. Compared to my iPhone 4S, the phone has a way better screen.

Permabanned
Is there a real, noticeable difference having Retina? I played around with an iPad 2 and 3 in the store before buying a 2 because I really, genuinely couldn't tell the difference. Even the Apple Hipster serving me said that there was no distinction.

Perhaps in different light levels it is more noticeable?

I'd say its more noticeable while browsing, playing games and watching videos. Obviously you can't see the difference if the source material isn't high enough quality.

Back
Top Bottom