****Images of Items or Services Purchased in November 2012****

Man of Honour
That. Is really interesting how does it work?
Is it just plug and play with these nividia drivers, if you want to is it easy to just plug in an external monitor.

Is there any other slots/adapters you can use other than pic express card, like Thunderbolt
etc?

Last edited:
Soldato
The card I bought works best with intel internal cards as by plugging in an Nvidia card the optimus drivers kick in when you install the Nvidia drivers. I'll make a thread about settings, what works, etc tomorrow after testing it all round a mates house. I only received the card adapter today, but the thread showing benchmarks, machines, etc can be seen here:

http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2109-diy-egpu-experiences-[version-2-0].html

The express card kit cost about $90 delivered from Taiwan and came within a few days so worth a punt. I would need to buy a PSU and GPU if I wanted to build a desktop system anyway!

Soldato
Came home from work today and my wife has bought me my advent calendar :))

SAM_1276.jpg

Soldato
As a pilot, I've always found the iPad a bit large and heavy to use in a cramped cockpit and I have always wanted a smaller iPad. When the iPad mini was released, it seemed to solve my problem, however the lack of retina display made me cautious.

Because of this, I did not pre order and waited until I could use one. Today, I finally had time free to go and check one out at my local Apple shop. After looking at the display for a mere few seconds, I knew I would not be leaving empty handed.

Granted, the screen is not as sharp as a retina display, but it looks a lot better then the iPad two display and is sharp enough for my needs.

So in the end, I picked up a white 32gb WiFi iPad Mini and a light grey Smart Cover. I am very happy with my purchase.

[img ]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7266/8167284478_8a003032f8_c.jpg[/img]

[img ]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8480/8167285244_a66b8fd1a8_c.jpg[/img]

Erm... should you be using an iPad, or any other similar device, while flying an aircraft? :eek::p

Caporegime
PCI Express slot to PCI Express Card adapter for making a DIY external graphics card. Now just need the PSU and a Nvidia GTX desktop card to complete the set and turn my boring Thinkpad laptop into a gaming beast!

IMG

Is that a x1 or x4 PCI-E slot?

x4 isn't so bad but x1 will cripple a half decent card.

Edit:

You'll probably have to open up the rear of the slot for a card to fit as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
^^^

Nice one Brian.

Love my Corsair cooler on the i5, it's just soo quiet. Reminds me, I need to overclock the thing!

Oh and need a proper SSD, my 60Gb M4 is completely full, even after removing as much as I can. Time to upgrade to a 256gb!!!!!

My first proper purchase of the month :D

woote.jpg

Soldato
Both........ Holiday and seeing the GF ;):D

Flights are expensive, but the real expense is eating and drinking over there with a lot of partying. Plus I'll be at the Grand Prix again on the 14th, most likely with the same group in the Grandstand along the DRS straight as last year. Sensational race and the best seats for the most exciting action!! I'll get lots of photos and vids, although my 24-105mm won't be enough on FF...... A 70-200mm might be on the cards before I head out :p

Custom tailored clothes are great though, with Armani copy suits in any fabric choice you want for £70 (without haggling), shirts for a tenner each and a Cashmere Coat for around £70 as well.

The 2nd checked in bag with PE is helpful :D

Last edited:
Soldato
PCI Express slot to PCI Express Card adapter for making a DIY external graphics card. Now just need the PSU and a Nvidia GTX desktop card to complete the set and turn my boring Thinkpad laptop into a gaming beast!

IMG_0035.jpg

This is just wow, really wow. I never thought it would be made possible just yet and they've done it relatively easy. It will become more apparent that a all in one solution will come about but this is just the start.

Thanks for sharing. Made me smile when I realised this is actually going to work.

Back
Top Bottom