****Images of Items or Services Purchased in November 2012****

Is there a real, noticeable difference having Retina? I played around with an iPad 2 and 3 in the store before buying a 2 because I really, genuinely couldn't tell the difference. Even the Apple Hipster serving me said that there was no distinction.

Perhaps in different light levels it is more noticeable?

you mad its night and day, browse the forums on a 2 and you can see jaggy text at default zoom, on a 3 its loads better thats the only reason I ditched the 2 was because text looks rubbish

Tesco. Usually nearly £50 but was about £39 so I got it.

It's bigish:

2012-11-07214508-1.jpg

Where did you get the table/desk from?

Is there a real, noticeable difference having Retina? I played around with an iPad 2 and 3 in the store before buying a 2 because I really, genuinely couldn't tell the difference. Even the Apple Hipster serving me said that there was no distinction.

Perhaps in different light levels it is more noticeable?

Yes, depending on eyesight, you can see the pixels on ipad2 I cant see them on ipad3 which obviously makes everything more crisp.

I present to you...

Acorn Atom 'Colour'

CRW_5085.jpg

... with 'now in colour' board!

CRW_5087.jpg

...if this means nothing to you then be grateful.

finally got an oscilating tool.

20121108_191557.jpg

random orbit sander, bosch of course.

20121108_191624.jpg

bought some of these and installed them. belt drive bitches!

20121108_191710.jpg

had to move some receptacles for the cables to reach so I bought some wire and sockets and the like. I think you can do that right? Wire nut the old one in to 2 new ones?? Got to test out the oscillating tool on the ceiling. What gay looking insulation.

20121108_191726.jpg

Also got a new tire inflator, featherboard, push stick and push pad.

20121108_191906.jpg

20121108_192213.jpg

PCI Express slot to PCI Express Card adapter for making a DIY external graphics card. Now just need the PSU and a Nvidia GTX desktop card to complete the set and turn my boring Thinkpad laptop into a gaming beast!

IMG_0035.jpg

I love the ultra portable Thinkpad X220 and was looking at building a desktop PC for gaming but that involves having a dedicated machine, monitor, build cost, two OS to look after, etc. The idea will be to build a custom box for the graphics card and power supply and have it like a dock at home for when I feel like gaming I can just plug the laptop in. I looked into gaming laptops but again the cost and size put me off as I use my laptop for work a lot.

If you use an Nvida card it uses Optimus drivers and can display the image on the laptop screen so no need for an external monitor! I'm heading round a mates tomorrow to test out the adapter with his GTX560 and power supply before buying anything just in case it's rubbish. People say it can give 15,000 3DMark06 points so more than enough for gaming considering the built in card is about 3000 points!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom