• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

~~~~~IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Regarding Intel Sandybridge CPU/Motherboards (1000's IN STOCK)!!~~~~~

Entertainment aside the whole "I've got more stock than you" thing doesn't really make much difference.

As a consumer if you are so desperate to buy a CPU the second it's released you deserved to get ripped off or not get your product the very next day.

Do the sensible thing wait till after the 9th and shop around if you want the best deal and to find out if it's in stock, it's a CPU in a retail box even if you buy it from W H Smith it would make no difference to where it was manufactured and packaged, it was done in the same place. The only difference you will get is customer service, and that is usually what you pay more for. :)

Loyalty is not what is used to be, in this day and age value is what matters most to a large majority of people, what with VAT rises, rubbish savings interest, and fuel increases etc.

I look forward to seeing the general outcome of Sandy Bridge reviews and opinions since I am due to upgrade from my now ageing E5400 and P35 board, my custom will go to the cheapest etailor who can deliver as I need it. :)

I count 8 CPU's in their picture, not gonna go very far, so quite accurate in my estimation of them having little to no stock.....
Just done a count on our stock, 1124 units left, we had 1200 total, but orders shipped from yesterday and those who still had in their baskets. :)
So we have plenty too allocate to system production from the word go which is excellent and more than enough to prevent running out which means all our customers will get delivery next day as long as no payment issues. :)

The boxes the CPU's are sat on in the pictures are not Sandybridge bulk boxes, they are too big, look more like 1366 I7 boxes, unless its camera angle. ;)

There is a lot of customers in the UK, suspect on Monday over 3000 Sandybridge processors will be sold, OcUK will get a good chunk of that business as will other major players in the industry. :)

I'm friends with someone who works there. They said apparently they only have 10 units in the warehouse, with more coming 'late next week' at some point.

im sure a certain etailer can beat ocuk's stock somehow and then some.

There are some etailors out there who will hold close to 10M stock levels, maybe more. So yeah we can be easily beaten in overall stock level.

But on something like a 2600K and 2500K well we have more stock than anyone else, Intel have confirmed this because I was one of the first to forecast and order stock and thats why my warehouse is full of them. :D

I'm friends with someone who works there. They said apparently they only have 10 units in the warehouse, with more coming 'late next week' at some point.

10 would not last us probably 5 minutes, for a hot launch like this you need a minimum of 100 and as many as you can get. Thats why in total we had 1200 units arrive.

We want to be able to deliver on time and not keep our customers waiting, I'd be well and truly annoyed as a customer if I ordered the latest hardware, paid next day shipping and did not get it for 1-2 weeks later.

Thats why OcUK was well prepared, we forecasted, ordered our stock early and now will ready to go, just gotta hit the big red button. :D

All that matters is we got plenty of stock to go round for all and people will get them next working day fact. :)

I did like that shot of the crate :D I think the most I ever saw in one hit was maybe 5 trays from a yellow distributor. Oh how I miss updating the website every week with new prices!

And I see some snow falling out my window here in Newcastle. If they dare use that as an excuse :mad:. Well actually the driver who usually delivers in my area for DPD is awesome and he has never let me down. But there's a first time for everything. :p

ide happily wait longer tbh, really tempted to wait for the refresh & new stepping, see if it follows the pattern set by previous new chip/socket releases.

just to be crystal clear

I missed out on all the early-bird debarcle

Just to be clear - can i order/ preorder on Saturday 8th at midnight from the web ?

Or is it Sunday 9th at midnight ?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom