*** Infestation: Survivor Stories ***

Soldato
"The War Z announced: zombie survival shooter-MMO with strong parallels to Day Z"

Zombie-Game.jpg

http://thewarz.com/

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/19/t...l-shooter-mmo-with-strong-parallels-to-day-z/

WarZ-1.jpg

• Big open worlds to explore between 200 to 400 square kilometers
  • Two modes of play: Normal and Hardcore
  • Combination of first-person and third-person perspectives
  • Meld of PvE (player versus environment) and PvP (player versus player)
  • Strong Role Playing Elements
  • Multiple playable characters with customizable features
  • Unique social elements, including bounties, help requests, trap setting, etc.
  • Safe settlements where players can purchase, sell and store items as well as post notes for other players
  • Dozens of unique skills that can be learned and improved
  • Up to 250 players per game server
  • New weapons and items become available as players explore the game world
  • Full developer support with regularly scheduled, free content updates
  • Dedicated public servers as well as private servers that can be completely self-managed in game client
  • Single purchase, downloadable client with ability to play full game without subscriptions or requiring in-game transactions

This looks like it could be good, or a total Day Z rip off!

Register for a chance to get in the Beta on their site.

P.S. I did search but it doesn't like single letters or "the" in the search phrase!

Last edited:
Soldato
That one screenshot looks better than anything and everything I've seen in DayZ, if it can be of that quality from launch, then good riddance to DayZ. Definitely gonna try and get into this beta!

R.I.P DayZ

whenever - whenever

Last edited:
Caporegime
Two modes of play: Normal and Hardcore
Safe settlements where players can purchase, sell and store items as well as post notes for other players

Whats the point in this? One of the massive thrills of DayZ is you can lose everything at any given moment, softcore just gunna be deathmatch?

Soldato
Sounds like wow with zombies - skill trees and wep level ups. Well, cant lose either way, if its rubbish at least day z will lose some of the 'add quests!' brigade and if it isnt, then another fun game! Im yet to be sold though.

Soldato
Sounds like wow with zombies - skill trees and wep level ups. Well, cant lose either way, if its rubbish at least day z will lose some of the 'add quests!' brigade and if it isnt, then another fun game! Im yet to be sold though.

Sounds like WoW with zombies? Where does it say anything about having a skill bar and an auto attack combat system? This couldn't be anything further from a WoW game if it tried. :D

Soldato
Thanks to the OP for posting this, but this game has console scum written all over it.
Off i go to play dayz, a game that doesnt hold my hand and treat me like a COD kid.

Soldato
OP
I agree with most of your points, but I am going to keep an open mind. Hopefully get into the Beta and see if its any good.

As Jono says, a proper Zombie MMO would indeed be mighty :)

Caporegime
Two modes of play: Normal and Hardcore....
Meld of PvE (player versus environment) and PvP (player versus player)...
Dozens of unique skills that can be learned and improved...

Hmmmm bit of a bad flavour that compared to DayZ anyway

Soldato
Sounds like WoW with zombies? Where does it say anything about having a skill bar and an auto attack combat system? This couldn't be anything further from a WoW game if it tried. :D

Mate we all know you have high hopes, as do we all. But skill progression is mentioned and weve nothing on the combat system yet. There are quests, safe zones and a lot of stuff that puts it firmly into traditional mmo territory. I seriously hope theyre taking the best parts of Dayz and mixing in some pop elements but we all know innovation and this genre mix like oil and water. If SWTOR taught us anything...

Associate
Theres quite a long discussion on reddit as to whether someone else will come along and do DayZ better, certainly looks like they are cashing in on the popularity of it. I'll definately be keeping an eye on it though!

Edit: just read in the link Fall 2012?! Surely that's far too quick to have any real depth to it..

Last edited:
Soldato
Mate we all know you have high hopes, as do we all. But skill progression is mentioned and weve nothing on the combat system yet. There are quests, safe zones and a lot of stuff that puts it firmly into traditional mmo territory. I seriously hope theyre taking the best parts of Dayz and mixing in some pop elements but we all know innovation and this genre mix like oil and water. If SWTOR taught us anything...

True true, but after DayZ's success, I doubt they'd make it some pathetic MMO combat system, It'll hopefully just be DayZ with far better graphics, optimization and A.I.

It'll be a better world from the looks of it to, very urban and none of that forest-for-miles rubbish.

As for skills, lets hope it does it similar to Dead Island, that'd work great.

Soldato
why do people assume that the people who made this are copying anyone? games don't pop out someones ass in a day they take years to make and I bet this was getting developed before dayz but I'm sure they did borrow a few ideas

Back
Top Bottom