*** Infestation: Survivor Stories ***

Soldato
why do people assume that the people who made this are copying anyone? games don't pop out someones ass in a day they take years to make and I bet this was getting developed before dayz but I'm sure they did borrow a few ideas

Mate, its called War Z. Theyve copied it. It might have been a different cncept, but that changed quick sharp. But who cares, if its a kick *** game ill pay for it. But oh so many things could go wrong.

Associate
As for in-game transactions, we looked at designing that around more of a "convenience" model. In other words, players will be able to make certain micro-transaction purchases in the game, but they will not be for improved weaponry or anything that will give you an unfair power advantage. Instead, players will be able to purchase things that will help save time, such as reviving their character in normal mode, buying slightly more effective food, hydration packs, medkits, etc. To get those things they will need to spend Gold Coins in the game, which can be obtained by hunting down the special, mutated zombies, extracting their stem cells and then selling them in safe settlements or by purchasing them in-game. So, essentially, players will be able to play the complete game without ever engaging in micro-transactions, but the option is there for convenience

So not pay to win, but pay to get better items..hmm

Soldato
Mate, its called War Z. Theyve copied it. It might have been a different cncept, but that changed quick sharp. But who cares, if its a kick *** game ill pay for it. But oh so many things could go wrong.

no offense but if you think this company have developed an mmo game in 3 months from ground up you're pretty thick , it has z in the title so what?

Last edited:
Soldato
DayZ fanboy detected?

Given the genre and premise, this is like saying Dawn of War is a rip off of Command and Conquer.

lol... no. I've played DayZ twice :rolleyes: Based on what I read in OP, and the timing of it, it seems like they are cashing in on the hype of it all. I don't have a problem with that though, if it's good I don't care :p

From reading your first post, it sounds like you are the one with some sort of grudge.

Soldato
no offense but if you think this company have developed an mmo game in 3 months your pretty thick , it has z in the title so what?

ARe you kidding me? Do i need to point out the guy with the cap and the backpack, the 80 other similarities to Day Z, the fact its called War Z and the fact that every other person in this forum, the staff of PC Gamer, in fact EVERYONE including the War Z devs Who point out the *major* difference is this is standalone... And you still thnk its coincedental!!! :D yah, im thick.

Soldato

It has been in development longer before Rocket ever came up with DayZ, as the developer said; it was a great opportunity that DayZ came out while this was in production as they've taken a lot of things DayZ have done well (just features, not a whole concept), it was originally called The Z World or The World Z, and got changed to WarZ to mimic DayZ, not sure why but thats what they did.

To be quite honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the development team Rocket left and refuses to talk about, I won't be surprised if we hear that he ripped off their IP down the line.

Soldato
ARe you kidding me? Do i need to point out the guy with the cap and the backpack, the 80 other similarities to Day Z, the fact its called War Z and the fact that every other person in this forum, the staff of PC Gamer, in fact EVERYONE including the War Z devs Who point out the *major* difference is this is standalone... And you still thnk its coincedental!!! :D yah, im thick.

Evidently you are

Soldato
It has been in development longer before Rocket ever came up with DayZ, as the developer said; it was a great opportunity that DayZ came out while this was in production as they've taken a lot of things DayZ have done well (just features, not a whole concept), it was originally called The Z World or The World Z, and got changed to WarZ to mimic DayZ, not sure why but thats what they did.

To be quite honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the development team Rocket left and refuses to talk about, I won't be surprised if we hear that he ripped off their IP down the line.

Its possible but i would have thought there would be law suits galore as that would be theft of IP. The other way round there is no IP for a mod so this could happen. i have no doubt this has been in development, possibly as something else. But this is pure Day Z inspired now, you only have to look at the survivor in that ss.

Soldato

You do realise there is a very well known book called World War Z? Also it's being made into a movie.

Associate
DayZ fanboy detected?

Given the genre and premise, this is like saying Dawn of War is a rip off of Command and Conquer.

Funny how you call someone a fanboy whilst sounding just as fanatical as a fanboy in a negative way.

In regards to the game, it looks great, but sounds a bit meh. Still, hopefully it will be good.

Similar games were always inevitable, given the success of Dayz. But we can say we were there when developers realized there was a market for hard, unforgiving game worlds that don't patronize the player. Thanks Rocket

Soldato
Its possible but i would have thought there would be law suits galore as that would be theft of IP. The other way round there is no IP for a mod so this could happen. i have no doubt this has been in development, possibly as something else. But this is pure Day Z inspired now, you only have to look at the survivor in that ss.

Maybe, again, Rocket could have had a usb full of files and concept art and just made the mod based on what was on it. Its just as easy to twist this to say DayZ ripped off WarZ. :p

Not too sure if they had a patent on the IP, its extremely rare for developers to do that, so Rocket could have legally walked away and started by himself, just look at Torchlight.

Funny how you call someone a fanboy whilst sounding just as fanatical as a fanboy in a negative way.

All I've done is twist this whole 'DayZ ripoff' rubbish people are talking the other way around, hardly being a fanboy.

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom