Insanely annoyed at the RMA proccess with Superflower

Soldato
Did you not read the first post? They rejected my claim. It's coming back as broken as it went away.

Am going to need to fix it myself, Am hoping the fan inside the PSU is removable...

I did, what I meant was if the sticker wasn't tampered with they are in the wrong. I wouldn't be giving up that easily :)

Soldato
OP
So update on this, Got my PSU back today. Same old, Nothing has changed...

HOWEVER, I don't know what to say about the warranty sticker, Most of it looks like wear and tear crap, Am really not happy cause you can clearly see that if a tool was placed into that hole the F wouldn't be clearly seen...

20150603_191302.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Not going against you here Techen but that screw has been removed. By you or someone else im unsure but the full screw is usually underneath the label and if the screw is visible then the warranty is void.

Im unsure why you would open a superflower as they're fully modular so im more than likely to say someone else did it but unsure why or how

Soldato
OP

Well they lied to you or myself because when I sent it to overclockers, They told me they checked it, I believe they would have checked the warranty label and saw everything was in check and returned it to the manufacturer.

Dear Darren Crighton ,

The product CA-007-SF on RMA283792 has been sent back to manufacturer for repair or replacement. It will be returned to you as soon as we receive it.

Please be aware it can take up to 28 working days to receive a repair / replacement from the manufacturer.

Further email confirmation will be sent when the item is returned to you.

Why would you send a PSU you clearly checked for damages back to the manufacturer if the warranty is void, Do you not get it? Am pretty sure Super flower has really done me and voided that sticker before because it was fine when I sent it and by the sounds of it, Fine when overclockers sent it.

Soldato
Not going against you here Techen but that screw has been removed. By you or someone else im unsure but the full screw is usually underneath the label and if the screw is visible then the warranty is void.

Im unsure why you would open a superflower as they're fully modular so im more than likely to say someone else did it but unsure why or how

You can see the sticker stuck to the edges of the screw. No idea how it got in that state in the first place but it doesn't appear to have been removed.

Soldato
OP

Am unsure why anyone would open a PSU thats under warranty, It's free to get replaced, So... Don't get me wrong but would I have any reasons to open it? :p

Would I have spent 14 quid for postage to send a item I knew was already going to fail warranty? Naw, This is why am a unhappy bunny.

Soldato
OP
You can see the sticker stuck to the edges of the screw. No idea how it got in that state in the first place but it doesn't appear to have been removed.

It would take a fair bit of force to push down and then twist the screw free, This would shove the sticker right down to the bottom of it. CLEARLY, It is not. So in my eyes, This is still in warranty. I do agree with you, I feel like someones got a pen down the line and poked it in... Sigh.

Soldato
OP
So, Overclockers now claims it has been tampered with and there is nothing they can do. So much for them handling RMA's for super flower.

So there you go guys, I would recommend anyone buying a Super Flower to be wary of there returns policy and note that Overclockers has no part to play in the replacement of those Power Supplies.

I'll update this thread as am now forced to replace the stupid fan myself, Anyone curious as to if this is possible, Watch this space.

Associate
So, Overclockers now claims it has been tampered with and there is nothing they can do. So much for them handling RMA's for super flower.

So there you go guys, I would recommend anyone buying a Super Flower to be wary of there returns policy and note that Overclockers has no part to play in the replacement of those Power Supplies.

I'll update this thread as am now forced to replace the stupid fan myself, Anyone curious as to if this is possible, Watch this space.

yep im interested..fans do tend to go before anything else in psus and gpus..

Soldato
So how do Overclockers explain that they have not mentioned it in the previous email stating that it was going to be sent back to Superflower? Surely if Overclockers had checked it and the label was damaged THEY would have rejected the RMA not sent it back to Superflower and them reject it.

Something is VERY fishy here and Overclockers washing their hands of it is unacceptable.

Soldato

Sorry to hear that. But yes Overclockers as the retailer have primary responsibility - as long as theres no tampering involved or warranty voided - not saying you did. Only a year old as well wow...thats bad for superflower considering the praise it gets on here.... (have a superflower psu myself)

Associate
So how do Overclockers explain that they have not mentioned it in the previous email stating that it was going to be sent back to Superflower? Surely if Overclockers had checked it and the label was damaged THEY would have rejected the RMA not sent it back to Superflower and them reject it.

Something is VERY fishy here and Overclockers washing their hands of it is unacceptable.

good point, but the retailer cant be held responsible for everything..costs would go through roof..

.a good will gesture of a new psu at cost, would be no skin off their nose, without accepting liability...worth asking on cs?

Associate
To me it just looks like the PSU has been in a tight slot, and it's torn /worn the label where it goes over the screw.
It's pretty poor that OCUK sent if off to Super Flower and THEN for it to get rejected.
I would understand if OCUK rejected it at first contact due to the label, but for them to send it off then get it back and then agree with Super Flower is pretty poor.

Soldato
To me it just looks like the PSU has been in a tight slot, and it's torn /worn the label where it goes over the screw.
It's pretty poor that OCUK sent if off to Super Flower and THEN for it to get rejected.
I would understand if OCUK rejected it at first contact due to the label, but for them to send it off then get it back and then agree with Super Flower is pretty poor.

Yup I agree. Its completely implausible. At the end of the day what happened to "The Customer Is always Right?" It has always made me laugh that power supply manufacturers use Warranty Void labels. A flipping small piece of paper stuck on that can easily be scuffed, scraped or broken when they are installed or transported, as "Proof" that the unit has been opened. Why don't they use proper VOID labels like on the PS3 that when they are pulled off you can be pretty sure that it its been opened and even then its not 100% evidence.

At the end of the day this is a product and a dangerous one at that should it be handled incorrectly or opened by someone that hasn't got a clue, I understand that, but there has to be a sensible medium and a small warranty label isn't sensible at all. I can understand that if the label is broken and there is evidence of tampering inside (Modded components etc ANYTHING not original or modded should be easily detectible by the manufacturer of the PSU) Then yes it should be rejected and evidence provided to the customer. But on the basis of a small sticker.. :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Thank you for all the support, As I said, I tried OCUK support/calls/chats and they refuse to help stating its "NOT OUR PROBLEM"

Quote from the thread I made in supports:

"Hi there

Unfortunately this does count as warranty void unfortunately as the sticker has been tampered with.

Unfortunately we have to reject this RMA.

Sorry if this causes a problem

Bailey"

So, I went ahead and opened it. Seen here.

20150604_155123.jpg

20150604_155135.jpg

20150604_155128.jpg

and before and afters.

20150603_191302.jpg

Cleary from this photo, THIS IS WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE, If I forced my tool in there to unscrew it... Yea.... Seems legit.

20150604_155914.jpg

Soldato
OP
Am not entire sure what to do about the 2 pin fan, Am guessing I can turn a 3 pin fan into a 2 pin fan but am no pro to this, Infact I don't really like it open or anywhere near me. But am not wasting a 200 quid PSU so yea, Lovely.

Back
Top Bottom