Insurgency Sandstorm - Unreal Engine 4

Soldato
gunship wtf? that's put me right off :(
aye.....helicopter gunship appeared....thought it was just some sort of 'scenery' then it started hosing our team. I let the game finish out then refunded. as I say there's already cod for that nonsense if that's your thing. no idea mind you how you call one in or 'earn' it but for me that's irrelevant. the fact it's there is enough for me to bin it off.

Soldato
aye.....helicopter gunship appeared....thought it was just some sort of 'scenery' then it started hosing our team. I let the game finish out then refunded. as I say there's already cod for that nonsense if that's your thing. no idea mind you how you call one in or 'earn' it but for me that's irrelevant. the fact it's there is enough for me to bin it off.
yup no sale here too :rolleyes: thanks for pointing this out

Soldato
Just played for an hour and a half. First impressions:
- Aesthetically awesome. Great graphics, sounds, voice acting...all very good. Fluid animations and great attention to detail.
- Love the weapon mechanics. Segmented reload, fast reload feature, and the weapon customisation is great.
- However, something is not quite "right". Aiming through ironsights and optics feels a bit off. I can't explain it; it's not like input lag or anything. It just doesn't feel very "fluid" and I'm not sure why. There were a couple of times in CQB where I missed really academic shots, despite having the drop on my opponents...just couldn't bring the weapon to bear very well, not as smoothly as I can as in say, Rising Storm 2. And recoil didn't feel quite right either - and yes, I know there's sliders to adjust sensitivity for aiming, focusing, etc. Additionally there were times when inputs didn't seem very responsive, such as firing and bring optics up. Perhaps it just takes getting used to.
- Not sure if all this was performance related - it ran OK on my PC, but felt a bit slow in places. Didn't seem like it was slow enough to affect weapon handling much though.
- The game is still very fast paced and arena like. Not bashing it for that, I knew to expect that. But I was kind of hoping the new engine might mean some more wide open maps.

played 1 game and refunded.....the other team called in a gunship:( we've already cod if we want that sort of nonsense. shame. fancied an updated insurgency game.

Must admit, this also made me grimace. It seems like they are going for a kind of CoD feeling game, but with realistic weapons and mechanics. I'm not going to refund it yet, I'll stick around and see how it pans out after beta (although I've only got 35 minutes left to decide :p), but I'm not sure this is going to hold my interest like RS2 or Squad.

Soldato
Not really bothered about multiplayer but is the co-op in beta? Me and the guys have a laugh just playing against the bots in insurgency 1

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Not really bothered about multiplayer but is the co-op in beta? Me and the guys have a laugh just playing against the bots in insurgency 1

Yeah it is mate. I could only get co-op working last night as I think the MP matchmaking was down. Performance needs a bit of work as it felt a little choppy for me (2700X/1080Ti) but I absolutely loved Insurgency 1, so I'll be sticking with this.

Soldato
OP
nsurgency Sandstorm Pre-Order Beta 1 - Hotfix August 10th
10 AUGUST - NEW WORLD
Thank you all for joining us for this first phase of Beta testing so far. We greatly appreciate all the valuable feedback, and are hard at work polishing the game. From this point forward, our focus is finalization - including optimization, visual polish and important experience improvements based on feedback.

One thing worth noting about the optimization of the game, is that currently we are not fully utilizing Level of Detail[docs.unrealengine.com] to simplify our environments and characters. This is because of a few issues we’ve run into, which Epic is helping us with. When we’ve addressed these issues and fully implemented LODs, there should be a noticeable performance boost for everyone. Players can expect this as well as other optimizations to be included as we get closer to release.

In the meantime, we are releasing a small hotfix to address a few things which should improve your experience. Notes below.

Optimization
  • Characters who are no longer in the players view do not update their animation and bone positions.
  • HLOD distance is now affected by the users “Effects Quality” setting in the video menu. Lower settings should provide increased performance at the cost of some minor visual fidelity.
  • Lighting will apply to player cosmetics as a group instead of individually.
Gameplay
  • Improvements to hit validation to reduce cases of bad hit detection.
Fixes
  • Fixed a crash on Linux servers caused by character animation snapshot.
  • Fixed an issue with shotgun pellet simulation on some pellets.
  • Fixed an issue where cosmetic credits earned during a game were not updated correctly within the character customisation menu when first opening it.
  • The Game will not return to the main menu with “Connection has been lost” if Steam disconnects.
Updated Content
  • Improvements to the moving lean animation.
User Interface
  • Added submit feedback button to the main menu to allow easy access to the forums.

Soldato
Just watched a review by jackfrags which seems to echo some of the things I talked about earlier with regards to the mouse movement feeling a little off, so glad it's not just me. Also mentions the "restricted area crap. That needs to go, or to be scaled back hugely.

Soldato
Yeah it is mate. I could only get co-op working last night as I think the MP matchmaking was down. Performance needs a bit of work as it felt a little choppy for me (2700X/1080Ti) but I absolutely loved Insurgency 1, so I'll be sticking with this.

Gave it a whirl, I think in terms of co-op it's a step up from 1 and when on point for performance both client and server side the gunplay is more enjoyable...however that's also the biggest negative performance client side isn't great and it also seems that server performance is iffy which makes gunplay seem sluggish and hit reg to feel off as shots that should land don't.

I've refunded for now underlying decent game but they need to fix these things before release

Soldato
Well i'm enjoying it, though i do have some issues, and even as it stands now i think its a sold buy for me.

Explosives in Coop need toning back a fair bit, between being headshot with a GL from across the map and Arty strikes its a bit too much right now.
The gun play is as good as ever and based on NWIs track record im sure it will get a lot better.

When it gets a console release I will be looking forward to trying it with some Friends on there as well.

Associate
Will anyone else be playing the BETA? Looks like it starts again today - I've watched a fair few videos and really like the look of the game, decided to pre-order it :)

Back
Top Bottom