• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel 10th Gen Comet Lake thread

Associate
Intel also had/ has a claim on older games that use DX11 and like single core performance.

If AMD does come out on top intel literally have nothing except they might end up being cheaper
Indeed. Real CPU munchers like MS Flight Sim also benefit from blazing fast single core performance. AMD best be coming for that too.

Associate
For me this is the only reason I am still considering intel as I play a lot of sims that like single core performance.

Same here. Look for Geekbench 4 scores on their site and sort by processor type. Since GB4 breaks down the score into subsections you'll be able to see what's influencing the SC score.

For me, improvements there correlate directly to sim performance and in turn VR sim performance.

Soldato
Interesting- I was referring to the price cuts they've seen this year as they try to keep some kind of counter offering to AMD's ongoing improvements.
Ignore me, i only skim read and missed it was in reference to Intel. I though it was in reference to AMD Zen 3 pricing

Associate
This page shows the 3900XT coming close to the 5900X Zen 3

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/1...-early-cinebench-r20-single-multi-core-tests/

£640 for the 3950X though, which is not included on that chart. 16/32. 3.5 / 4.7

Contender for the 5900X at £100 more?

Edit, done a bit more reading. No, unless productivity only

Those ryzen 5000 scores are all overclocked ryzen 3000 scores, except for the single performance score. I still can't understand why people are willing to upgrade just for one stupid Unoptimized game. To play a game at 50 fps instead of 40 fps.

Soldato
Those ryzen 5000 scores are all overclocked ryzen 3000 scores, except for the single performance score. I still can't understand why people are willing to upgrade just for one stupid Unoptimized game. To play a game at 50 fps instead of 40 fps.
Are they? Guess we’ll wait to see the actual scores then
People are willing to upgrade because
a. They have money to
b. Want to play games at higher fps
c. Do more with programs and have multiple open

Probably a combination of the a, b & c. Personally it’s all 3. I’ve not upgraded my cpu/mainboard/ram in almost 8 years. Games are starting to run a bit crap in buit up areas, no matter if i turn down graphics settings / resolution.
I also want to stream / record highlights which doesnt play well with a quad core

Back
Top Bottom