• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel 11400 - a gem for gamers?

Associate
True enough.
I was more thinking of all those i7 6700K and i7 7700K which aged badly and weren't cheap.
Intel being the budget champion is all so new!

7700K at its time was just a pure atrocious chip for the cost, ofc it didnt age well as it cost £300+ for 4c/8t, and very soon was replaced with I3s doing just that for a third of the cost.

11400F is around £150, or 10400F is around £120. The performance per cost is extraordinary. Not too long ago 6c/12t was the 8700K.

Soldato
They mean adjust the power as theres 2 states 1 is 76 tdp tho dunno its turbo clock, then theres a higher unlocked power state which boosts its tdp higher tho i dont think its 150w more like 110 to make it near 5600x speeds for games.

Soldato
Put together a I5-11400 based system for my nephew last weekend. Excellent performance for the cost, and lovely to see it in stock everywhere at that price :)

Intel will sell millions of these little gems :)

Caporegime
11400f is out of stock

Yup, even Rainforest US have it out of stock, arriving May 4 -10.

Remember the Pentium G series chips? every mainstream reviewer were recommending them as a $100 budget option, and then they went out of stock globally rarely to be seen again, the problem with CPU's in this price range is they don't make any money and if you sell a lot of them they drag down your margins, investors don't like that, so production of them is culled.

Caporegime
CB have their review out
https://www.computerbase.de/2021-04/intel-core-i5-11400f-test/2/#diagramm-test-corona-13-benchmark
Power limits seem to make a fair difference:
aPRNX23.png
As does memory clocks
LcXaL88.png
and using their handy hover-over re-calculator:
0sV650u.png
So 5%, but not everyone wants to save on the CPU and then use more expensive memory.

The 5600X overclocks quite a bit too from power adjustments, you can get a good 600Mhz (15%) more out of it, interesting that they chose to do this only for Intel.

Caporegime
its not overclocking the intel though just running the cpus at full power :p

Full power is the TDP Intel advertise, which is 65 Watts, you remove that power limit and they boost higher, but also run at 130 watts, that is overclocking in the same way removing the 65 Watt limits from the 5600X is also overcloking, which they didn't do.

Associate
Okay, forgot to post their power results:
X5n4rpL.png
To get the max performance requires a better spec'ed system in terms of CPU cooler, motherboard VRMs and PSU.
Just looked their initial Zen3 review and they didn't play with max power limits or faster RAM.
Don't think they've done so in the meantime either.

Caporegime
I get that there reviewers are well meaning and trying to get you to understand the value of the 11400, and it is great value, it really is a capable CPU for less money than it should be.

But, they way some of these reviewers go about that is more like an agenda, Making a review where the preconceived conclusion is already set in its intent, that's the agenda. Is one thing, you're making a video to send out a worthy message.

However they then take it to the next level and compare Apples to Oranges, by leaving the adversarial target of their agenda, in this case the 5600X, completely stock and with default ram settings while the target hero of their message is given every possible advantage by tuning the memory and the CPU's power netting it higher than out of box performance.

While the intention here of the author is not out of malice toward AMD or some sort of deranged Intel fandom it is no less bias, they are deliberately and knowingly exaggerating a message to the point of it being a manipulation of facts.

And there is no need for it, it doesn't matter if the 5600X is 30% or 5% faster the 11400F is half the price, that's more than enough for the message, to take it to the next level like this just makes the author look like a clown in the eye's of anyone with a slight modicum of knowledge. Of course these things are not aimed at people who know anything at all. And that is just plain cynical.

Last edited:
Soldato
I get that there reviewers are well meaning and trying to get you to understand the value of the 11400, and it is great value, it really is a capable CPU for less money than it should be.

But, they way some of these reviewers go about that is more like an agenda, Making a review where the preconceived conclusion is already set in its intent, that's the agenda. Is one thing, you're making a video to send out a worthy message.

However they then take it to the next level and compare Apples to Oranges, by leaving the adversarial target of their agenda, in this case the 5600X, completely stock and with default ram settings while the target hero of their message is given every possible advantage by tuning the memory and the CPU's power netting it higher than out of box performance.

While the intention here of the author is not out of malice toward AMD or some sort of deranged Intel fandom it is no less bias, they are deliberately and knowingly exaggerating a message to the point of it being a manipulation of facts.

And there is no need for it, it doesn't matter if the 5600X is 30% or 5% faster the 11400F is half the price, that's more than enough for the message, to take it to the next level like this just makes the author look like a clown in the eye's of anyone with a slight modicum of knowledge. Of course these things are not aimed at people who know anything at all.

I think you should calm down. For this price range, there is no competition from AMD, you just need to accept that and move on.

For gamers on a budget, the 11440F is simply the only choice, and is why Intel will increase it's market share even further, selling millions of these over time.

Youtube videos will always seek to get maximum views, by sensationalizing the title/message in the most extreme way possible, in order to get the most views and thus money. This includes showing product X in best light, product Y in worst light.

"Intel is doomed, 500W Monster", "AMD destroys competition" etc etc.

Caporegime
"Tools erkennen CPUs nicht"
The tools do not recognise the CPU. (Plural also confirmed by the use of "erkennen" rather "erkennt".)

Ah thank you :) maybe they should ask everyone else what tools they are using.

I think you should calm down. For this price range, there is no competition from AMD, you just need to accept that and move on.

For gamers on a budget, the 11440F is simply the only choice, and is why Intel will increase it's market share even further, selling millions of these over time.

Youtube videos will always seek to get maximum views, by sensationalizing the title/message in the most extreme way possible, in order to get the most views and thus money. This includes showing product X in best light, product Y in worst light.

"Intel is doomed, 500W Monster", "AMD destroys competition" etc etc.

The 11400F is also not going to have any bearing on AMD what so ever, it will however reverse Intel's mind share to that of "Budget Brand" and elevate AMD's to that of "Premium Brand" if that has not already happened, plenty of evidence suggests it has. AMD are selling $500 scalped CPU's in numbers Intel could only dream of these days.

You're probably right about these people exaggerating these things to get maximum clicks, be that as it may others who point out the flaws in these videos are also always going to exist.

Associate

And there is no need for it, it doesn't matter if the 5600X is 30% or 5% faster the 11400F is half the price, that's more than enough for the message, to take it to the next level like this just makes the author look like a clown in the eye's of anyone with a slight modicum of knowledge. Of course these things are not aimed at people who know anything at all. And that is just plain cynical.

I think you're reading far far too much into it,. it's just a review of the 11400F against a number of comparative processors.
Every review ever has always overclocked and compared to other non overclocked CPUs. It's been the same with Graphics cards too since forever.
You know it does show clearly on the graph that the cpu is overclocked and there are different memory configs, this is just to show what effect overclocking has.

You're acting a bit like no-one can understand the facts as presented and it's some kind of hidden dark art lol.

Back
Top Bottom