*****Intel 34nm SSD In Stock*****

Hi,

Looking at getting a SSD, was looking at the 64GB Falcon, would it be better to get this Intel 80GB instead?

Thanks,

Last edited:
thanks for the quick response, is the slower write a concern? enough tho I think in general we read more then we write. Sorry for the silly questions I'm no expert at SSDs.

PC Perspective said:
I'm convinced they could have launched it to our lab via trebuchet and it would have arrived in working order!

Further testing required. :D

I wouldn't mind having an SSD trebuchet'd to my house in 10 minutes or so, as long as it worked :p

I have been bored at work today and subsequently to waste time I've been reading about SSDs. I'm due some overtime and night shift payments soon so will have a bit extra money for a change. Guess what I am thinking of spending that money on? :p

I was thinking the 80GB originally as it is still quite a bit of money. But then I've been thinking that if I want to put all the games I play on it, 80GB maybe stretching it a bit. I will have to check when I get home, but I am quite sure this will be the case. It has got me thinking that I should just go for the 160GB instead. The price of it is putting me off, but I love buying new tech and I haven't put any money in to my desktop machine for a few years... :o

Last edited:
Same as me, the 80 will fill faster and you need to leave 20gb of free space too. It's a lot of money but you could sell it towards a faster 1 later on.

True. I imagine in the not so distant future, 160GB is going to be quite small in comparison to the higher capacity SSDs that will probably be out. So there would be no point in having it my machine and thus it may as well get me some cash before it becomes obselete!

My Steam folder is 86GB alone as well and that's not including all the other non Steam games I have installed. :p I think if I really tried I could unistall the ones I don't play and fit it all in to a 80GB SSD, but I would have to constently manage space on the disc and I hate doing that. So if anything it's going to have to be the 160GB.

Back
Top Bottom