• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Cannonlake, Cascade Lake, Ice Lake, Tiger Lake & Sapphire Rapid thread

Soldato
Wrong. The problem is the quality of our governments and the rich people whose main interest lies in the digging the ground for oil, instead of looking at the sky for the sunlight...
If you want to do your bit for the environment and reduce your carbon footprint, you could try turning your computer off and stop posting here.

Permabanned
If you want to do your bit for the environment and reduce your carbon footprint, you could try turning your computer off and stop posting here.

I prefer to put you in the ignore list where you belong.

Who buys/consumes all the products from oil?

Who puts prohibitions on the use of photovoltaics/solar panels for domestic use?
You will be in my ignore list now too.

2970wx can be had for under £900, was even £700 very briefly a while back.

Pretty sure AMD will put the new 24 core Threadripper at the 999 bracket to directly compete and destroy the 10980XE

I think the 24-core TR 3000 will be at least £1199.99.

Soldato
Individual changes are nearly irrelevant when something like 10 companies contribute to 70% of the pollution. Large scale structural change is required, although I still try to be as efficient as makes sense in my own life.

Caporegime
We do need to reduce our impact on the environment, there is no doubt about that but the Extinction Rebellion way is insanity, even if you ignore the return to the stone age madness what do you think 7bn people living off the land is going to do to "Gaia", how long will the worlds forests last with 7bn of us foraging for wood to burn? And what Carbon impact will that have?

Recognising our effect on the climate is good and proper, by the same token we also have to recognise that our modern technology industrialised world is infact what is saving the planet form us. From there we can work it out.

Permabanned
Individual changes are nearly irrelevant when something like 10 companies contribute to 70% of the pollution. Large scale structural change is required, although I still try to be as efficient as makes sense in my own life.

My power consumption when browsing the internet is negligible perhaps 20W, how much does Ryzen 5 2500U draw in almost idling mode and one LED notebook screen...

Soldato
We do need to reduce our impact on the environment, there is no doubt about that but the Extinction Rebellion way is insanity, even if you ignore the return to the stone age madness what do you think 7bn people living off the land is going to do to "Gaia", how long will the worlds forests last with 7bn of us foraging for wood to burn? And what Carbon impact will that have?

Recognising our effect on the climate is good and proper, by the same token we also have to recognise that our modern technology industrialised world is infact what is saving the planet form us. From there we can work it out.

Nuclear power is what’s needed. Lots of clean and safe nuclear power.

Soldato
Who puts prohibitions on the use of photovoltaics/solar panels for domestic use?
You will be in my ignore list now too.

But you said I was WRONG and then talked about oil.

Wrong. The problem is the quality of our governments and the rich people whose main interest lies in the digging the ground for oil, instead of looking at the sky for the sunlight...

Permabanned
My power consumption when browsing the internet is negligible perhaps 20W, how much does Ryzen 5 2500U draw in almost idling mode and one LED notebook screen...
You may have missed the point slightly. I doubt he’s concerned about the small power draw from your computer but rather that you use that negligible power draw to write mostly nonsense.

In short you wouldn’t be missed by many. :)

Any whoo I have solar panels and a battery to store it yey to me :p

Soldato
Nuclear power is what’s needed. Lots of clean and safe nuclear power.
Nuclear power is extremely clean. Unfortunately, the waste products are not. It is a better option than fossil fuels in lots of ways, but it cannot be the ultimate answer.

The ultimate answer is fewer 5.2 GHz Intel chips. :p

Caporegime
Power draw is irrelevant, sure less power means less need for production, but the fundamentals of our energy industry aren't going to change with people buying less power hungry chips, computers most of us need in the first place (for the most part they're in low power states anyway).

This is such a non-argument, stop it, i'd like to get back to bashing Intel.

Soldato
Lol I have a few people on ignore and this thread is just hilarious. I am guessing the usual troll is posting his complete nonsense, annoying people, crying troll, then 'putting them on ignore' How did I do?

The idiot needs a long holiday.

Bang on!

Associate
You may have missed the point slightly. I doubt he’s concerned about the small power draw from your computer but rather that you use that negligible power draw to write mostly nonsense.

In short you wouldn’t be missed by many. :)

I'd guess missed by none

Back
Top Bottom