• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core Ultra 9 285k 'Arrow Lake' Discussion/News ("15th gen") on LGA-1851

qzwF7pL.jpg

V8gUAZ8.jpg

Intel are dropping the ball by not having the more affordable B-series boards ready to go at launch since the actual CPUs are priced very competitively compared to Zen 5.
They have to be priced competitively, as they're inferior to Ryzen 9000X3D.

I don’t think it’s propaganda but rather it’s a smaller issue than the media played it out to be.

I think Intels damage control and influence over the whole industry has almost certainly than an effect.

Last edited:
Maximooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose

Last edited:
Last edited:
Doesn't any of them new Asus motherboards have the asus GPU power connector or did i miss seeing it on them :o

I assume the BTF boards will follow but from what I have seen they may have a smaller set of SKU's.

I assume the BTF boards will follow but from what I have seen they may have a smaller set of SKU's.
Just would have expected the top Asus motherboards to of had it as standard

Guess Asus will add another few hundred pound for the exact same boards with this connector

Last edited:
Personally I see no point at all for wasting power. Especially as Intel's cobbled big / little is so inbalanced.

I run a 7800x3d capped at 65w with a - 10 offset using a £20 horizontal air cooler in a 12 litre NCase M1 mini-ITX. At idle the CPU fan barely ramps up! I thought Arrow Lake would be ahead in power consumption and gaming performance being a node ahead and using the more advanced packaging technologies Intel has. Apparently something has gone wrong again.

Last edited:
Z890 boards are crazy money, considering it's rumoured to be only a one generation socket/platform.
I think most any top cost motherboard is crazy money these days - certainly AM5 ones are too. Only redeeming thing being that those should be Zen 4 and Zen 5 and probably Zen 6 too -although buying expensive x870 now halfway through AM5's likely lifespan seems questionable.

Back
Top Bottom